Terrible Omen or Bad "Break?"

As is my families tradition, we do not take down the Christmas tree until January 6 (or shortly after.)  We decorate our tree with ornaments we gathered from travels, or inheritance, or items of individual importance.  For the last 25 years or so, our tree decorations have included a purple glass globe with the famous profile of the Minnesota Viking.  His noble  countenance with proud moustache, golden braids, and a helmet festooned with horns.  It is the ornament that said something important about me and my lifelong passion for the Vikings.

Today, at about 4:00 PM, 1 January 2020, the globe fell under the spell of gravity and came crashing off the tree, landing on the hard wooden floor, exploding into thousands of pieces.  I wonder what sign this destruction foretells?  Will it tell of the teams lack of fortune in the playoffs?  Or will it be the sacrifice that opens up the possibility of lifting the franchise's curse?

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

Today, at about 4:00 PM, 1 January 2020, the globe fell under the spell of gravity and came crashing off the tree, landing on the hard wooden floor, exploding into thousands of pieces.  I wonder what sign this destruction foretells?  Will it tell of the teams lack of fortune in the playoffs?  Or will it be the sacrifice that opens up the possibility of lifting the franchise's curse?

all depends on whether you were naughty or nice.

more information needed.

I agree with Joey..

I hope for, and expect, the Vikings to put an ***whipping on the Saints.

I also hope that the Eagles take care of business against the birds from the west.

The Vikings only lose the really important games, that will be against the 49ers....

The Eagles will fly too close to the Sun in GB. 

On January 1st, 1995, after a 10-6 season, which saw the Vikings win the division, yet 4 of the 5 teams in the NFC Central made the playoffs (only Tampa Bay did not), as the Bears, Lions and Packers all finished 9-7, the Vikings were blown out at home by the Bears and Minnesota native Steve Walsh, (who got crushed the next week by the 49ers).  I believe the destruction of the globe signifies the reversal of that fortune, which means that now the Vikings will crush the Saints and then subsequently crush the 49ers.  BTW, on another note, that was also the last time the Cleveland Browns won a playoff game, which now ironically, was a Belichick-led Browns squad over the Patriots.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

It doesn’t matter.  My jinx overrides your ornament.  I thought they might win a game or two in the playoffs to raise our expectations.  However, my son invited me over to watch the game at his apartment. So they’re going to lose badly.  Or is it bigly?  It happens all the time.

See, I completely forgot about the Gophers game on New Years Day because we traveled three hours to visit my daughter.  You see what happens when I don’t watch a game.

Sorry guys. 

1 hour ago, since72 said:

Virginia Viking -

“Ran the ball”

“Defense held them to 20 points”

”Special teams gave us good field position”

Strange, I don’t remember Cousins giving you credit for yesterday’s victory.  How ungrateful!  😧

I know, right?  The personal sacrifice I made for the victory shouldn't go unnoticed by Kirk!!  What should I sacrifice this week?  My Daunte Culpepper Jersey or Viking boxer shorts???

43 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I know, right?  The personal sacrifice I made for the victory shouldn't go unnoticed by Kirk!!  What should I sacrifice this week?  My Daunte Culpepper Jersey or Viking boxer shorts???

My brother gave me one of those ugly Vikings sweaters (the one with blinking lights except the lights never work for some reason) for Xmas. I wore it for the first time for the game yesterday. Obviously, that makes it a lucky sweater. 

My wife, who has excellent taste, hates the ugly Christmas sweater. I came downstairs yesterday morning in my finest purple and yellow and she mock shrieked in horror.

I was texting her about the score as the 4th quarter was winding down. One of us had to pick up our son from soccer mid-afternoon. I would've had to turn off the game after the coin toss, but luckily she was able to swing by and save me the trip.

Once the Vikings scored I sent her a message:

IMG-74-BBDBCD3-B9-E-1.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krauser said:

My brother gave me one of those ugly Vikings sweaters (the one with blinking lights except the lights never work for some reason) for Xmas. I wore it for the first time for the game yesterday. Obviously, that makes it a lucky sweater. 

My wife, who has excellent taste, hates the ugly Christmas sweater. I came downstairs yesterday morning in my finest purple and yellow and she mock shrieked in horror.

I was texting her about the score as the 4th quarter was winding down. One of us had to pick up our son from soccer mid-afternoon. I would've had to turn off the game after the coin toss, but luckily she was able to swing by and save me the trip.

Once the Vikings scored I sent her a message:

IMG-74-BBDBCD3-B9-E-1.jpg

Classic!!  I love your sweater, sir!!!

Well, so far, nothing has broken...Viking related...this week.  Although, on Wednesday morning as I went to go get the newspaper, I slipped on ice in the driveway and nearly broke my hip!  Thank God, I didn't...but does ALMOST count for anything???