Bears hire Juan Castillo as OL Coach

beardown3231

Really interesting pick up...a guy who went from a OL coach to a defensive coordinator once upon a time...weird move but at least the guy has a ton of experience and comes from that Andy Reid tree...I expect another Reid disciple at OC given this move...hopefully Shurmur.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Really interesting pick up...a guy who went from a OL coach to a defensive coordinator once upon a time...weird move but at least the guy has a ton of experience and comes from that Andy Reid tree...I expect another Reid disciple at OC given this move...hopefully Shurmur.

I wonder if Shurmur would come here knowing he wouldn't be calling plays... unless he would?

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I wonder if Shurmur would come here knowing he wouldn't be calling plays... unless he would?

I think Nagy would probably be more open to handing over play calling duties to someone he has a bit of history with so it could be on the table with Shurmur.

38 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That was quick...

It fits the offense better. Not sure about the players. 

Our offensive line isn't very powerful but is pretty athletic. That's why they fit a Zone block scheme more than a power scheme.

That being said neither is mutually exclusive so... Maybe it will lead to improvement, maybe not. 

• Like 1