Are You Comfortable with the RB Position?

CWood21

56 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Care to elaborate on the source(s) of your discomfort ?

Kids not-ready-for-prime-time ?

Pass Pro ? Veteran smarts ?

Rhabdo ?

I was the OP of the exact same topic on the old site. 

I think my position on the RB group has already been well established. 

Anyone else see that crap article about Shady McCoy coming to Green Bay for Adams and a 4th? That's fake news right? I mean, I'd love to have Shady McCoy, but that's way too much to give up for him...

On 8/24/2017 at 10:11 PM, Joe said:

Anyone else see that crap article about Shady McCoy coming to Green Bay for Adams and a 4th? That's fake news right? I mean, I'd love to have Shady McCoy, but that's way too much to give up for him...

This is the rare proposed trade that makes both teams significantly worse.

so what did people make of the RBs in the 3rd game?  I didn't get to watch, looks like Jones had one nice run and Ty did as well.  

Seems like there's enough there that I'm cautiously optimistic they can cobble something together, balancing carries across 2-3 guys.

After 3 games I'm comfortable enough. Williams and Jones are good complements to Monty. Monty looked good yesterday night, and the rooks will get better as the season progresses. We don't need to make any moves unless  injuries pile up, none of the guys are scrubs, they just need time.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

After 3 games I'm comfortable enough. Williams and Jones are good complements to Monty. Monty looked good yesterday night, and the rooks will get better as the season progresses. We don't need to make any moves unless  injuries pile up, none of the guys are scrubs, they just need time.

I too am comfortable at this point. The best thing about this group is they are all on rookie contracts, and it is almost impossible to judge their vision skills running behind the backup OL. I would be very worried about pass pro if we didn't have Rip in house, but counting him in the group I am very comfortable

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Williams looked very competent catching the football. 

For the record, I think the biggest question regarding Williams wasn't whether or not he was capable of catching the ball out of the backfield.  I know when I evaluated him, he wasn't really utilized as a receiver, especially in the quantity that he will be used in Green bay.

5 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I too am comfortable at this point. The best thing about this group is they are all on rookie contracts, and it is almost impossible to judge their vision skills running behind the backup OL. I would be very worried about pass pro if we didn't have Rip in house, but counting him in the group I am very comfortable

I haven't seen/heard someone mess up bad on a blitz yet, think they can all handle pass pro.

Archived