2020 Free Agency

Lionized

March 16, 2020 is just a little ways away. What players are y’all hoping the Lions target to add to our roster and why? 

Here is a short list of top FA that could be available if not already signed or Franchise Tagged. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2868659-nfl-free-agency-2020-previewing-this-years-class.amp.html

My ideal but unrealistic scenario:  Sign Yannick Ngakoue, Crhis Jones and Jack Conklin (draft Jeffrey Okudah in Rd 1, John Simmons Rd 2).  If Darius Slay holds out for a new deal he will probably get traded.  I would like the Lions to trade for Tanoh Kpassgnon if the Chiefs re-sign Chris Jones).  He is underutilized in KC and could really flourish with the Lions.

The Lions are around 20th in cap space. 

Based on how Quinn has done in free agency so far, I expect the team to mostly go after depth signings, but you never know. Flowers was a huge surprise last year and Quinn has to know that his job is on the line. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see a OL shakeup. Wagner is overpaid and I could see Quinn following the "Patriot Way" and letting Glasgow walk if he wants too much money. 

Edited by Lions017

24 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

"Man, I wish Quinn and Patricia would stop signing quality free agents that they have first-hand knowledge of. Using their advantages to better the roster is something that true fans should complain about."

Which former Patriots have they signed that actually turned into good players for us? Flowers was solid, but anyone else? Amendola? 

22 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Which former Patriots have they signed that actually turned into good players for us? Flowers was solid, but anyone else? Amendola? 

We've actually signed a small percentage of former Patriots compared to other teams. Flowers, Amendola and Tavon Wilson have all been good signings. The rest were low-cost depth players that either had a minor role or were released before the start of the year.

Of course, fans will still complain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We've actually signed a small percentage of former Patriots compared to other teams. Flowers, Amendola and Tavon Wilson have all been good signings. The rest were low-cost depth players that either had a minor role or were released before the start of the year.

Of course, fans will still complain.

How was Flowers a good signing? He got paid like an elite talent, but didn't produce like one.

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

How was Flowers a good signing? He got paid like an elite talent, but didn't produce like one.

He started the season slow after recovering from off-season surgery, then missed time recovering from a concussion. He STILL finished with 7 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 36 solo tackles (t-12th from edge defenders) and 14 assists (t-6 from edge defenders). We also watched him dominate Bakhtiari on two huge plays (that All Pro LT), that, if officiated correctly, would've secured a win against a 'good' team. And he's only 26. If anything, Flowers reinforced how effective a player he is, and with a struggling supporting cast.

Of course, of all you have for this team is blind hate, you may just ignore all of that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

He started the season slow after recovering from off-season surgery, then missed time recovering from a concussion. He STILL finished with 7 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 36 solo tackles (t-12th from edge defenders) and 14 assists (t-6 from edge defenders). We also watched him dominate Bakhtiari on two huge plays (that All Pro LT), that, if officiated correctly, would've secured a win against a 'good' team. And he's only 26. If anything, Flowers reinforced how effective a player he is, and with a struggling supporting cast.

Of course, of all you have for this team is blind hate, you may just ignore all of that.

Nice attempt to polish the turd @TL-TwoWinsAway.

Everything you said is true, and he still fell drastically short of being worth the contract in year one. 

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I mean, it's all we have to judge the contract on right now...

One can look at his performance, production, consider the snaps missed due to injury and his young age and deduct that it was, in fact, a good signing, as the team has him under contract for an additional 4 years. It's that darn context stuff again, I swear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

One can look at his performance, production, consider the snaps missed due to injury and his young age and deduct that it was, in fact, a good signing, as the team has him under contract for an additional 4 years. It's that darn context stuff again, I swear.

One can look at his performance, production, consider the snaps missed due to injury and his young age and deduct that it was, in fact, a poor signing, as the team is stuck with him under contract for an additional 4 years. It's that darn context stuff again, I swear.

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

One can look at his performance, production, consider the snaps missed due to injury and his young age and deduct that it was, in fact, a poor signing, as the team is stuck with him under contract for an additional 4 years. It's that darn context stuff again, I swear.

Please, put this down: is that your take? Are you prepared to label Flowers a poor signing, all context/remaining years considered? I would love it if you'd do that.

• Like 1