2020 Free Agency

Lionized

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Other than what happened at FSU, Winston hasn't been in any trouble since he came into the league. So I don't think there's a huge issue character wise, although they love Stafford like a son. 

If Quinn and Patricia rolled out a plan to get top compensation for Stafford and draft the next great QB at 1/3 of the cost, allowing them to better build the roster around him with the increased draft capital, it's a plan that they could get behind and support. You have to be confident that you have the right GM/coach in place and that can only be determined by the Ford's. 

Idk how to say it...

You just aren't grasping my point, in that Winston personality wise, isn't anything the Lions want to handle. Let alone move on from Stafford for. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Just now, SimbaWho said:

Idk how to say it...

You just aren't grasping my point, in that Winston personality wise, isn't anything the Lions want to handle. Let alone move on from Stafford for. 

What do you mean? It’s not like he’s Eric Ebron? 

9 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Idk how to say it...

8 minutes ago, Lionized said:

And he's not even the future at QB, that would be the QB taken at #3 overall in Tua. If the reports about Tua are true and the suggestion is that he's given a redshirt year, you don't go into the season with Chase Daniel as your starting QB. Unless you want to trade for Cam Newton, Andy Dalton or Nick Foles, you're not going to wind up with much better of an option outside of Stafford than Winston as a veteran bridge QB. 

12 minutes ago, Lionized said:

The following month, a fellow Florida State student, Erica Kinsman, accused Winston of sexual assault. Winston, a freshman at the time, called it consensual and a year later, the State Attorney’s office opted against charging Winston, citing “problematic” testimony by his accuser.

• In July 2013, Winston was accused of stealing soda from a Tallahassee Burger King. The manager decided not to press charges.

• In April 2014, Winston was suspended from Florida State’s baseball team after shoplifting crab legs from a Publix.

• In September of the same year, Winston served a one-game suspension for jumping on a table and yelling vulgar remarks on campus.

• In April 2015 — the same month that the Bucs drafted Winston first overall — Kinsman filed a civil suit against Winston for the 2012 incident. They reached a settlement in December of 2016.

• In March 2016, came the incident for which Winston is facing the suspension: Allegations that he grabbed the crotch of the Uber driver in the drive-through of a restaurant in Scottsdale, Ariz.

• In February 2017, while talking to elementary school students in St. Petersburg, Winston drew criticism for saying boys can do anything and should be strong, but ladies are "supposed to be silent, polite, gentle."

• In November 2017, Winston instigated a brawl between Bucs and Saints players after he came onto the field to taunt an opponent.

I'm not even going to talk about his weird game day speeches, and stuff. 

Anyways, enjoy your smoke fellas. 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm not even going to talk about his weird game day speeches, and stuff. 

Everything up until April 2015 was from college. He was still drafted #1 overall. The majority of this stuff is just dumb/immature behaviour from a likely entitled, high level athlete. 

The March 2016 incident has a key word - "allegation". None of these things resulted in him being cut from the Bucs. It was the 30 INT's and being replaced by Tom Brady that resulted in his departure from TB. 

People can grow up and mature. He's not even your future face of the franchise in this scenario - Tua is. 

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

What about these DT that are left?  What would be best case scenario.

• Michael Pierce
  • Dontari Poe
  • Ashawn Robinson (resign of course)
  • Danny Shelton
  • Others?

Another DT I wouldn’t mind seeing them kick the tires on is Marcell Dareus if his Medical checks out. 

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Everything up until April 2015 was from college. He was still drafted #1 overall. The majority of this stuff is just dumb/immature behaviour from a likely entitled, high level athlete. 

The March 2016 incident has a key word - "allegation". None of these things resulted in him being cut from the Bucs. It was the 30 INT's and being replaced by Tom Brady that resulted in his departure from TB. 

People can grow up and mature. He's not even your future face of the franchise in this scenario - Tua is. 

I think it's been pretty well documented BQ doesn't take character risks.  I mean he could be up for the Nobel and I'm pretty sure BQ passes on him due to his past.  This may not be your preference, and your idea makes sense, but i don't think with BQ's history there is any way we would touch him.

6 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I think it's been pretty well documented BQ doesn't take character risks.  I mean he could be up for the Nobel and I'm pretty sure BQ passes on him due to his past.  This may not be your preference, and your idea makes sense, but i don't think with BQ's history there is any way we would touch him.

Totally fair. The only other option would be Andy Dalton, who you will have to trade for in that scenario. 

Start of the new NFL year, the Lions' moves so far:

Agreed to terms: Hal. Vaitai, Danny Shelton, Nick Williams, Chase Daniel, Jamie Collins.

Traded for: Duron Harmon

Re-signed: Danny Amendola, Don Muhlbach

Tendered: Dee Virgin

Gone elsewhere: Glasgow

Released: Devon Kennard, Kyle Sloter, A.J. Howard, Rick Wagner, Damon Harrison

What unfinished business is there in FA? Who is your favorite remaining targets? Any trades you want to see happen?

1 hour ago, Lionized said:

Start of the new NFL year, the Lions' moves so far:

Agreed to terms: Hal. Vaitai, Danny Shelton, Nick Williams, Chase Daniel, Jamie Collins.

Traded for: Duron Harmon

Re-signed: Danny Amendola, Don Muhlbach

Tendered: Dee Virgin

Gone elsewhere: Glasgow

Released: Devon Kennard, Kyle Sloter, A.J. Howard, Rick Wagner, Damon Harrison

What unfinished business is there in FA? Who is your favorite remaining targets? Any trades you want to see happen?

Cordy Glenn (G) and Jason Peters(T).

LT        LG            C           RG        RT

Taylor - Vaitai - Ragnow - Glenn - Peters. 

LB? Idk, I like De'Vondre Campbell. At a certain price. 

Love DL depth so... Michael Pierce? Vinny Curry, Jabaal Sheard. Not expecting anything major really like a Clowney signing or a crazy move for a player like that.

Edited by SimbaWho

Very underwhelming start to Free Agency for the Lions IMO... None of the signings have been horrible, the Halapoulivaati Vaitai has the potential to be though. But this team needs a few play makers on defense and one or two more on offense. Real playmakers, guys that make things happen, not just steady solid rotation guys. This is mostly just solid rotation guys and Collins. Don't like the move letting go Davon Kennard either. He was one of the very few good-consistent defensive starters we had.

This is Bob Quinn, once again trying to pull some New England s*** and find some diamonds in the rough. Problem is, he's not Bill Belichick, and Lions have shown they can't develop players like most of the Top teams do.

They better knock it out of the park with this Draft Class, #3 Overall... Top 3 Picks in Round 2-6... They need a great Draft desperately. 

Edited by DOBSON10
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Cordy Glenn (G) and Jason Peters(T).

LB? Idk, I like De'Vondre Campbell. At a certain price. 

Love DL depth so... Michael Pierce? Vinny Curry, Jabaal Sheard. Not expecting anything major really like a Clowney signing or a crazy move for a player like that.

I'm kind of wanting to sign him.  I was thinking pierce before shelton came along.  also, I'd like to pick up a guard.