2020 Free Agency

Lionized

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Melvin Gordon signed with Denver. my guess is we sign Freeman to team up with Kerryon 

Think they will cut Freeman? He would actually be a really good fit, but I could see a lot of teams trying to get him as their second or third RB. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see them get someone like Carlos Hyde instead. Cheap, productive, no draft pick required. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lions017 said:

Think they will cut Freeman? He would actually be a really good fit, but I could see a lot of teams trying to get him as their second or third RB. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see them get someone like Carlos Hyde instead. Cheap, productive, no draft pick required. 

I've been a carlos hyde fan forever.  Love that dudes game.

• Like 1

Looking at free agency overall, I don't hate what the team has done, but I don't think that the team is drastically better than they were last year. We have filled some holes, sure, but the team also cut ties with some rather good players. I don't see us making the leap from a 3 win team to a 12 win team with this roster, for example. If they want to go to the playoffs we really need to hope that they absolutely crush the draft. 

Just now, Lions017 said:

Looking at free agency overall, I don't hate what the team has done, but I don't think that the team is drastically better than they were last year. We have filled some holes, sure, but the team also cut ties with some rather good players. I don't see us making the leap from a 3 win team to a 12 win team with this roster, for example. If they want to go to the playoffs we really need to hope that they absolutely crush the draft. 

The draft is going to play a big role in things but a) Have the Bears gotten better? Not particularly; b) Have the Vikings gotten better? They just lost their best WR. c) Are the Packers better? Defensively, maybe. Offensively, not really. 

Out of all of the teams, the Lions have made the most moves to shift the makeup of their team. This defense should be better off while I don't expect a big drop off on the offense. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Atlanta has already cut Freeman. Hyde is a Fa to, i hope we sign either one.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

We've added CB Tony McRae, formerly of the Bengals

1 year, $1.5M

UDFA in 2016

PFF score 47.6

Slot - 116 snaps

Wide - 68 snaps

Box - 12 snaps

ST player with ties to our new ST coach. 

I believe that this guy plays a lot of Madden, exclusively as the Patriots. Link established.