2020 Free Agency

Lionized

Just now, Lionized said:

Could you do a PFF comparison for Robbie and Marvin I’m just curious. 

I think Robbie would be great for stretching the field. 

Robby - 68.6 OVR

Slot - 181 Snaps

Wide - 745 Snaps

Receiving Direction

Between the numbers (20 yds+) = 4/6 (0 Drops), 182 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT 109.7 NFL Passer Rating

Between the numbers (10 yds +) = 8/12 (1 Drop), 148 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 93.8 NFL Passer Rating

Marvin - 72.9 OVR

Slot - 247 Snaps

Wide - 554 Snaps

Outside Left (10 yds+) =  5/7 (0), 79 yards, 1 TD, 148.2 NFL Passer Rating

Between the numbers (10 yds+) = 11/18 (1 Drop), 178 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 108.1 NFL Passer Rating

Outside Right (10 Yds+) = 8/10 (0 drops), 124 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 151.7 NFL Passer Rating

Marvin is a bit more versatile as he has lined up more inside/out. He makes his money between 10-20 yards while Anderson is at his best as a deep threat. It's important to keep in mind that Anderson is 26 years old while Marvin is 30. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Robby - 68.6 OVR

Slot - 181 Snaps

Wide - 745 Snaps

Receiving Direction

Between the numbers (20 yds+) = 4/6 (0 Drops), 182 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT 109.7 NFL Passer Rating

Between the numbers (10 yds +) = 8/12 (1 Drop), 148 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 93.8 NFL Passer Rating

Marvin - 72.9 OVR

Slot - 247 Snaps

Wide - 554 Snaps

Outside Left (10 yds+) =  5/7 (0), 79 yards, 1 TD, 148.2 NFL Passer Rating

Between the numbers (10 yds+) = 11/18 (1 Drop), 178 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 108.1 NFL Passer Rating

Outside Right (10 Yds+) = 8/10 (0 drops), 124 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 151.7 NFL Passer Rating

Marvin is a bit more versatile as he has lined up more inside/out. He makes his money between 10-20 yards while Anderson is at his best as a deep threat. It's important to keep in mind that Anderson is 26 years old while Marvin is 30. 

I'd imagine he'd be rejuvenated playing with Stafford in this offense also.

He didnt get the best QB play in NY and they didnt have very good wrs.  Him being a 4th option....he'd get a lot of 1 on one opportunities. 

13 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I'd imagine he'd be rejuvenated playing with Stafford in this offense also.

He didnt get the best QB play in NY and they didnt have very good wrs.  Him being a 4th option....he'd get a lot of 1 on one opportunities. 

I think so too. Problem is, do you want to pay a guy who is your 4th WR that kind of money? Is he going to sign with us to be a #4 and make only $2M - $3M? 

My guess is that he'd do that for a team that is a playoff contender and an offense that uses 3-4 WR's on a regular basis. We've actively said that we want to run the ball. 

After what he's done for us on the field and what they've been through personally (it shouldn't matter but I think it does), I don't want us to let Marvin go this year. Consistency on offense is a big deal and we can use the depth. He has had his injury issues and Amendola is no spring chicken himself. 

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think so too. Problem is, do you want to pay a guy who is your 4th WR that kind of money? Is he going to sign with us to be a #4 and make only $2M - $3M? 

My guess is that he'd do that for a team that is a playoff contender and an offense that uses 3-4 WR's on a regular basis. We've actively said that we want to run the ball. 

After what he's done for us on the field and what they've been through personally (it shouldn't matter but I think it does), I don't want us to let Marvin go this year. Consistency on offense is a big deal and we can use the depth. He has had his injury issues and Amendola is no spring chicken himself. 

I think the draft is too deep at WR to sign Robbie Anderson. I like him as a player but he just has some back luck being a FA the year of this draft IMO.

Just now, BZski said:

I think the draft is too deep at WR to sign Robbie Anderson. I like him as a player but he just has some back luck being a FA the year of this draft IMO.

Which is fair, so maybe you can get him on a cheap deal. We just need talented players on the roster and while the rookie class looks great, it's unproven. At least you know what you're getting in Anderson. Plus, we need to find replacements for Marvin and Danny for next year anyway. So you can see how he fares in our scheme. Re-sign him if he performs or move on if he doesnt. I would still add another WR in the draft regardless of if we bring him on or not. 

1 minute ago, BZski said:

Anyone know any news on Logan Ryan? I would still love to add him to tandem with Trufant. He he is still too much what about adding Ronald Darby? Guy is super athletic and has some experience with Undlein.

I like both options I feel that we need to add one of these guys with or without the intent of drafting okudah

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Which is fair, so maybe you can get him on a cheap deal. We just need talented players on the roster and while the rookie class looks great, it's unproven. At least you know what you're getting in Anderson. Plus, we need to find replacements for Marvin and Danny for next year anyway. So you can see how he fares in our scheme. Re-sign him if he performs or move on if he doesnt. I would still add another WR in the draft regardless of if we bring him on or not. 

This we need to prepare for the departure of amendola and Jones. Adding both Anderson and a developmental we would be great. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Yea I guess but only on a cheap deal. I was hoping to draft 2 WRs in this deep draft.

3 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I like both options I feel that we need to add one of these guys with or without the intent of drafting okudah

Agreed. Ryan may be redundant with Coleman because I believe the Pats played him in the slot with Matty P. Darby is for sure a press man outside CB.

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

This we need to prepare for the departure of amendola and Jones. Adding both Anderson and a developmental we would be great. 

2020: KG, Marvin J, Danny, Robby, 2020 Draft Pick, Travis Fulgham, Marvin Hall, etc. 

2021: KG, Robby, 2020 Draft Pick

That is futureproofing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

Yea I guess but only on a cheap deal. I was hoping to draft 2 WRs in this deep draft.

Ideally, I would too but we should also be adding proven talent. Especially knowing that a) we need a deep threat and b) Marvin does have an injury history. So there could be a decent amount of time where he's not available and we're stuck with KG, Danny and two rookies as our primary WR's. I'm more confident having a guy like Anderson in that mix and being able to play outside like he does. Marvin's versatility really helps as you're not duplicating skillset and can play him and Robby on the field at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Ideally, I would too but we should also be adding proven talent. Especially knowing that a) we need a deep threat and b) Marvin does have an injury history. So there could be a decent amount of time where he's not available and we're stuck with KG, Danny and two rookies as our primary WR's. I'm more confident having a guy like Anderson in that mix and being able to play outside like he does. Marvin's versatility really helps as you're not duplicating skillset and can play him and Robby on the field at the same time. 

What about a cheaper deep threat like Bresard Perriman? He seems like a breakout type player with his second half in TB last year.

13 minutes ago, BZski said:

What about a cheaper deep threat like Bresard Perriman? He seems like a breakout type player with his second half in TB last year.

Tom Brady is in TB. I'd assume he'd just go back there if given the opportunity. Personally, I want to see a guy that could be a part of the team for more than just this year. 

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Tom Brady is in TB. I'd assume he'd just go back there if given the opportunity. Personally, I want to see a guy that could be a part of the team for more than just this year. 

I guess I just dont value Robbie Anderson that highly. He is just an ok deep threat WR IMO. Plus he has character concerns. I wouldnt hate it but Id pass on giving him a big FA multi-year deal.