2020 Free Agency

Lionized

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

If I recall correctly, I wanted anyone but Ebron. I also didn’t want Ziggy. 🤷🏼‍♀️ IMO, we really wasted early picks (top 15) after drafting Suh. 

Yes, you were 100% against Ebron.

I didn't see a lot from me until during and immediately after the draft. (Which makes sense, considering 2014 was a busy year for me.) I don't recall being high on Gilbert, but, then again, I don't recall being high on anyone. I didn't post a mock that year (that I can find), was really supportive of our draft and spent my time defending our more polarizing players. Sounds just like me.

• Like 1

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=548171&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand this a whole lot either. They must not think of Fauria too highly or Williams. An the Pettigrew resigning makes me a bit more upset even cause of the price.

I don't think Ebron will be terrible but Lions pretty much set him up in a must succeed and do VERY well now or be looked at as a bust by most. I just feel with Pettigrew signed, and two young guys already at TE. Donald could of made more sense. But, Lions could get it right, and we could have the next Tony Gonzalez on our hands now. Which would be awesome.

Just like Donald a little better given the future of Fairley, the possibility of trading Fairley this draft, etc. etc. Don't think Ebron will be a bad player, he's just already got high expectaions here in DET.

giphy.gif

So... Five years ago with a different regime Lions organization makes the same mistake as last year taking Hock... Feels like ground-hog day no matter the regime. At the time of the Ebron selection, I didn't like it but was willing to give them the benefit of doubt, but I learn my lessons, and am not doing that with HOCK. Not fair to the player, but he's not the one who decides the selection. 

To be fair... in my mocks pre-draft I wanted Gilbert followed up by... Jimmy Ward. So... Idk. This comment is from a draft thread though in real time. 

I don't even really like going back and looking at things cause the sad, sad reality is, there are a handful of posters on this bored, who consistently pick good players in mock drafts and real time suggestions after picks are made. These posters are CONSISTENTLY better than the actual organization/coaches. When people sit an act like the brain trust of the lions organization is actually smarter than the average fan... in football... I LAUGH, hard. Maybe in business and the nuances of football life/business but there are about literally 4-6 posters on this site that could, imo, replace the Lions scouting staff right now and be more effective lol. Unfortunately, I am completely serious about it. The only picks so far in my life they've completely proven me wrong on(Lions) was the selections of Ziggy Ansah and Darius Slay. DIdn't like those picks and had other players in mind. 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

They've made quite a few special teams signings, which I like.

Special teams and back up qb top priority. Ship should be righted in no time.  Unless your a kicker/punter/returner  special teams guy is just a nice way of saying not even a backup. Speaking of which do we even have a punter?

10 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Special teams and back up qb top priority. Ship should be righted in no time.  Unless your a kicker/punter/returner  special teams guy is just a nice way of saying not even a backup. Speaking of which do we even have a punter?

We'll draft a punter in the 6th/7th round this year.