2020 Free Agency

Lionized

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

Why? We already have Mike Ford for our #5 CB.

Because he has graded out better than Trufant or any of our CBs last year.  Because he is cheap (was going to sign a 3 year 13.9M deal). And because we need help on the back end. Also with his tackling ability, he may be better suited to play S, and would be better than anyone on our roster currently there as well IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Because he has graded out better than Trufant or any of our CBs last year.  Because he is cheap (was going to sign a 3 year 13.9M deal). And because we need help on the back end. Also with his tackling ability, he may be better suited to play S, and would be better than anyone on our roster currently there as well IMO. 

We dont need another S. The guy would be at best our #5 CB. Trufant, draft pick (Okudah), Coleman, AO are clearly top 4 CBs next year. even at 3 yr and 13 mil it would be a lot for a #5 CB

Just now, BZski said:

We dont need another S. The guy would be at best our #5 CB. Trufant, draft pick (Okudah), Coleman, AO are clearly top 4 CBs next year. even at 3 yr and 13 mil it would be a lot for a #5 CB

I guess you missed the part that he graded higher than any CB on our roster.  And is younger than Trufant/Coleman. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I guess you missed the part that he graded higher than any CB on our roster.  And is younger than Trufant/Coleman. 

Dude he cant play man to man in our scheme. He is fairly slow for a CB (4.51) and would be a waste for what we would pay him. You are saying he is a #1 CB? Take your Sparty blinders off.

I actually like the Ragland signing. Not like a over the top move or anything but he should see the field alot, push for a starting role even, Davis isn't that good at MLB.

He'll prolly make the biggest impact on special teams and as the main back up linebacker imo. This is a Patriot-like move imo, where the team got better, maybe not much, but enough to where it'll make an impact on the field and people will remember this signing(IMO) and the team didn't break the bank. Recycling a former 1st rounder into a different role. 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

I dont understand all these ST signings. We cannot dress all these guys on gameday right? McRae, Davis, Killabrew, Kearse, Lee, JRM all seem like strictly ST players.

We need depth at LB, these guys are cheap.  And I am guessing they see something in them that that makes them think they can utilize their skill set elsewhere.  Harris was awful last year and likely will be passed on the DC by Harmon and Kearse.  And I am sure a couple will be cut prior to the season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

Dude he cant play man to man in our scheme. He is fairly slow for a CB (4.51) and would be a waste for what we would pay him. You are saying he is a #1 CB? Take your Sparty blinders off.

He ran a 4.42 at the combine, take off your anti sparty glasses again and realize he has been better than the crap we have had.  He is best in man coverage, and better than anything else we have on the roster at this point, statistically speaking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

He can man up. He played man all through college, his best skill set imo, is man to man coverage...

That being said. He'd be  4th/5th option here. Still not terrible, allows the team to be flexiable with Colemans contract next year( Cut/Keep?) 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2