2020 Free Agency

Lionized

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

I actually like the Ragland signing. Not like a over the top move or anything but he should see the field alot, push for a starting role even, Davis is that good at MLB.

He'll prolly make the biggest impact on special teams and as the main back up linebacker imo. This is a Patriot-like move imo, where the team got better, maybe not much, but enough to where it'll make an impact on the field and people will remember this signing(IMO) and the team didn't break the bank. Recycling a former 1st rounder into a different role. 

I think this means JD is no longer a MLB. He will be an OLB if he is on our team next year. Unless I am overestimating the RR signing it just seems like Tavai and RR will man the MLB spots

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He ran a 4.42 at the combine, take off your anti sparty glasses again and realize he has been better than the crap we have had.  He is best in man coverage, and better than anything else we have on the roster at this point, statistically speaking. 

LMFAO. ok

Sorry dude.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/darqueze-dennard?id=2543474

Edited by BZski

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

I think this means JD is no longer a MLB. He will be an OLB if he is on our team next year. Unless I am overestimating the RR signing it just seems like Tavai and RR will man the MLB spots

It sounds like RR is best when attacking, which means he may be best suited for the Kennard role.  But then again, that is Davis' best skill set too. My guess is they will rotate a lot of LBs and exploit their strengths. 

• Like 1

A good player comparison for Dennard imo, that people are familiar with maybe is former Lion...  Nevin Lawson. They play a similiar game where they're best matched up man to man but aren't skilled enough to be a lock down type CB or a teams best CB. 

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

Which is perfect.

I sort of feel like, if Patricia sticks around and Davis finds a role on this team, it may be one of his better development/adjustment successes.

• Like 3

Just now, SimbaWho said:

A good player comparison for Dennard imo, that people are familiar with maybe is former Lion...  Nevin Lawson. They play a similiar game where they're best matched up man to man but aren't skilled enough to be a lock down type CB or a teams best CB. 

I agree with that but is also a top 6 rated CB against the run.  So while he may be similar to Lawson in coverage aspects, he is a more well rounded CB.  And at a similar price. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It sounds like RR is best when attacking, which means he may be best suited for the Kennard role.  But then again, that is Davis' best skill set too. My guess is they will rotate a lot of LBs and exploit their strengths. 

You see RR as a JACK LB that Kennard played? I just see him as a MLB on run downs. Is RR a good pass rusher?

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In my little head... This group can cover a lot of field quickly....

Jarrad Davis - Reggie Ragland - Jamie Collins.

Just in my head right now, this is what I would toss out and see if teams could handle. Lots of speed but Davis/Ragland aren't particularly great in coverage... idk. LB's can run side line to side line fast though in this situation. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BZski said:

I dont understand all these ST signings. We cannot dress all these guys on gameday right? McRae, Davis, Killabrew, Kearse, Lee, JRM all seem like strictly ST players.

Our special teams was atrocious last season. I’m not mad at our FO for addressing this obvious need. Free agency and late rounds of draft is where you address this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BZski said:

You see RR as a JACK LB that Kennard played? I just see him as a MLB on run downs. Is RR a good pass rusher?

Me personally. I'm not pegging Ragland into any mold right now. I like him in the middle but he might be used as a back up at all three LB positions depending on the down and situation(Short yardage, pass rush, etc. )

Ragland/Davis seem pretty similar is skill set to me, so moving both around a lot also wouldn't surprise me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

His size and skill set seem to fit that roll better.  He attacks, is not great in coverage, and isnt super fast.  I think this team likes tavai in the middle, and dont see why we would keep RR, JD, and JT if all are expected to be MLB, unless we go to a more traditional 3-4 type D, which I dont think is the case.  So My guess is they will move these guys around to find a spot that best suits them. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

So did pro football talk in 2014 and the Bengals website from 2016 claiming a 4.4 40 time. It’s weird that the NFL site now lists him at 4.51 when media and team listed him at 4.42 

ETA: just watched video on nfl.com of Dennard running the 40 at the combine and his first run was 4.42.

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 2

Not a bad move with Ragland but still... I'm dying for some legit Oline love. Been crying for two years... Basically every year!

I really want Cordy Glenn. I think he could play multiple positions on our line at a probowl level. I know he's not a spring chicken but imo he's the best linemen available right now and we've got a gapping hole at RG right now, or LG, which ever... Glenn can walk and do more than just plug the hole up. 

Maybe he wants a boat load of cash but this is a move Lions can make, cheaply, and get soooooo much better as a team with just one person. It's like a huge ripple effect. Upgrade the Oline upgrades the Qb play which upgrades the WR/TEs/RBs. The line also upgrades the running game making RB's better, controlling clock and the game. Idk. It's just such a huge important part of the game to me, for the life of me I can't figure out why these guys are ignoring the position essentially for 2 years now. 

I mean honestly, if I was captain of this ship at this movement. I'd be signing Jason Peters and Cordy Glenn, and then focusing on the draft, look for any cap casualty moves teams usually pull right after the draft. 

Edited by SimbaWho