2020 Free Agency

Lionized

Maybe Andrus Peat is a more acceptable comparison? Doesn't leave a sour-taste in your mouth? I get the point though that at 3, Lions should be drafting a franchise type player not just a solid player along the offensive line. 

And if you really wanna walk that line the only acceptable players right now to consider franchise altering are Burrow/Young/Tua. So. It's basically trade out almost at any(low) cost. 

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Tristan Wirfs- OL( Riley Reiff )

Jonathan Taylor- RB ( Ryan Matthews )

Laviska Shenault- WR ( Anquan Boldin )

This actually wouldn't totally piss me off. Not perfect but not a train wreck. I think all three will be long-term NFL players. People around here will definately want to see defensive players though. It's almost a crime to suggest they're not drafting Simmons or Okudah. 

Simmons won't make me mad. I think there is a shot he has a HOF type career if he's used right and able to move to all three levels on defense(DL/LB/DB). If he can rush the passer, player LB and S above average then yeah, especially in coverage.... I think he's a game changing talent possibly with HOF type career possibilities. I'm not sold on him but dang-it he intrigues the hell out of me. I mean if you plug Simmons in over Kennard in the post above then... It's like holy crap... They're actually getting/becoming crafty here. 

This actually looks like something Quinn would do.  It would pay dividends for a long time, but man...the talent left on the board.

39 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Brings up a thought I had...

Especially in light of the resources spent defensively in free agency, how far down would we have to trade for anyone to be comfortable going oline in the first? Be it whomever you like.

54 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Brings up a thought I had...

Especially in light of the resources spent defensively in free agency, how far down would we have to trade for anyone to be comfortable going oline in the first? Be it whomever you like.

i wouldn't mind trading down to 12-14 range. i have been seen Brown drop down there in mocks.  that is also  the range for Kinlaw, Chaisson, the Wr's. plus if we drop down that far were prob getting a pretty big haul  maybe the raiders (12&19) jags (9&20) dolphins (combo of 5,18,26) and other teams may include players.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i wouldn't mind trading down to 12-14 range. i have been seen Brown drop down there in mocks.  that is also  the range for Kinlaw, Chaisson, the Wr's. plus if we drop down that far were prob getting a pretty big haul  maybe the raiders (12&19) jags (9&20) dolphins (combo of 5,18,26) and other teams may include players.

Yeah, I've been thinking Raiders for some time now. I could see Gruden (and his love of QBs) offering #12, #19 and either a late 3rd or future 2nd for #3. And I'd do that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I've been thinking Raiders for some time now. I could see Gruden (and his love of QBs) offering #12, #19 and either a late 3rd or future 2nd for #3. And I'd do that.

I'd take that 3rd this year.

With that much draft capitol in a draft like this, Quinn could throw darts blindfolded at his board and come up with 2 really good players.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

even now that they signed Mariota? Not sure they want a QB in the draft this year.

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

even now that they signed Mariota? Not sure they want a QB in the draft this year.

I doubt that they view Mariota as a long term option. If they believe that they've got a flexible schedule to build the team - and I think they do - they'll want their franchise QB. Starting Mariota for at least one year, with Tua waiting behind him, would be a great direction for that team.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BZski said:

Mariota is a back-up/upside play for Gruden and the Raiders. They could still want to trade for Tua. Trading Carr is going to recoup some of the draft capital they would lose by trading up. He's going to get them at least a 2nd and change. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Mariota is a back-up/upside play for Gruden and the Raiders. They could still want to trade for Tua. Trading Carr is going to recoup some of the draft capital they would lose by trading up. He's going to get them at least a 2nd and change. 

Definitely.

Not that it's the end-all be-all, but I just asked the Raiders' forum if they had an interest in moving up for Tua. They responded with the exact trade I proposed: #12, #19 and a late 3rd round pick. The TVC value is there, and I'd absolutely do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Definitely.

Not that it's the end-all be-all, but I just asked the Raiders' forum if they had an interest in moving up for Tua. They responded with the exact trade I proposed: #12, #19 and a late 3rd round pick. The TVC value is there, and I'd absolutely do that.

I dont see it but I would probably take that deal. A better option (and more realistic) may be the Jags at #9 and #20 because they cant be serious about Gardner Minshew as their QBOTF. Maybe even Yan and #9 for #3.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

See, I think about us grabbing one of the 2nd tier CBs at #12 (perhaps Fulton) and Epenesa at #19, with an extra 3rd round pick. That sounds delicious to me.

Noway. I cannot get on board with that. CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, AJ Terrell, and Diggs are all better than Fulton and Epenesa is a late 1st and early 2nd rd pick at this point. Give me Jags offer of Yannick and #9 all day over the Raiders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BZski said:

Noway. I cannot get on board with that. CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, AJ Terrell, and Diggs are all better than Fulton and Epenesa is a late 1st and early 2nd rd pick at this point. Give me Jags offer of Yannick and #9 all day over the Raiders.

Henderson's my number 2 for what it's worth.

• Like 1