2020 Free Agency

Lionized

On 3/15/2020 at 10:48 AM, Lionized said:

Lots of good DT talent in FA what is your best case scenario that you would like to see our final depth chart look like at the DT position via FA/Draft

DJ Reader: 347 lbs
Danny Shelton: 345
Jordan Phillips: 341
Vernon Butler: 330
Michael Pierce: 345
Marcell Dareus: 331
Linval Joseph: 329

I like Reader and Shelton but TBH I would be fine with us signing any one of them.  Maybe two of them. 

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Scary question, as I'm not sure. I'm worried that they may be considering a trade down for an OT, and that is concerning.

I wouldn't mind picking up an OT if we had two picks in the first.  We better do something though.  Losing Glasgow AND Wagner without replacing either will put me even further away from even remotely defending the front office.  I mean, I'll wait until the season begins, but I will be sharpening my pitch fork.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I wouldn't mind picking up an OT if we had two picks in the first.  We better do something though.  Losing Glasgow AND Wagner without replacing either will put me even further away from even remotely defending the front office.  I mean, I'll wait until the season begins, but I will be sharpening my pitch fork.

Haha.

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

We just signed Vaitai, the OT from Philly for 5 years, $50M

• Like 1

For me it is going to come down to the contract. that's a lot of dough for a backup RT.  If it is incentive based and not front loaded, it won't be as bad.  Is he worth only 4 million less than Conklin?  Is he better than Wagner? I just don't like this, but to be fair, I've never seen him play and can only go by with what I'm reading.

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread, I'll repost.

Edited by LionArkie