2020 Free Agency

Lionized

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Here is a crazy thought... what do you guys think about a scenario where 1) We sign Jameis Winston 2) Trade Stafford to NE for #23 3) Draft Tua at #3

I don't want to trade Stafford but the talks are that Winston isn't going to find an immediate starting role. TB just signed a $20M APY deal, which is probably more in line with what JW would get as a spot starter. 

I wouldn't be opposed to it, and I would hate it at the same time. If we did this, I want to see a big signing on the defensive line, and unfortunately, probably an offensive heavy draft.

28 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Here is a crazy thought... what do you guys think about a scenario where 1) We sign Jameis Winston 2) Trade Stafford to NE for #23 3) Draft Tua at #3

I don't want to trade Stafford but the talks are that Winston isn't going to find an immediate starting role. TB just signed a $20M APY deal, which is probably more in line with what JW would get as a spot starter. 

source.gif

HAHAHAHA all jokes aside. There is no way at all they trade Stafford. No way. They're going to trade back and draft Simmons or Okudah. Get fleeced for Slay, and likely waste that new cap space on more over-paid fringe starters. Playbook has been portrayed through there chosen media sources already if you read the right reporters work. 

I could go over all the reasons why I know for a fact this season will also be a complete train-wreck, but honestly it's just wasting my time, I wasted my time with this post already but it was too funny reading that this team would actually trade Stafford and replace him with a goof like Winston. Not the Fords type of player/person. 

Edited by SimbaWho

6 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I wouldn't be opposed to it, and I would hate it at the same time. If we did this, I want to see a big signing on the defensive line, and unfortunately, probably an offensive heavy draft.

I'm not a big fan of King Crab but he did put up big numbers in that offense in TB. He can play. If he was signed to a 2 year deal that is front loaded you'd have a starting caliber QB, a back up in Daniel and QBOTF in Tua.. who is not being pressed into a starting role. You're getting another 1st rounder in the deal too.

If they did go that route, we're looking at a proper rebuild. 

Buffalo Bills are making some serious moves. I like the Diggs addition for that offense, and Butler/Jefferson/Addison/Norman to a already tough defense. I like them in the ACF East so far. Been my second favorite team since they came to Ford Field and played a few years back(don't remember the season).

Also have a friend that works in the Bengals organization. People are pumped about the two big defensive signings they've made. Expecting Dalton to be traded.... (Bears/Patriots). 

Edited by SimbaWho

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not a big fan of King Crab but he did put up big numbers in that offense in TB. He can play. If he was signed to a 2 year deal that is front loaded you'd have a starting caliber QB, a back up in Daniel and QBOTF in Tua.. who is not being pressed into a starting role. You're getting another 1st rounder in the deal too.

If they did go that route, we're looking at a proper rebuild. 

When I commented earlier, I was thinking more about Tua then Winston.  No way I'd want Winston. I'd rather go with Daniel.

39 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I see being able to trade with NE an easy route. What if we traded to LA Chargers and got 7. Since they missed out on the TB  sweep stakes. They are a QB away from being contenders again. 

Just now, Lionized said:

I see being able to trade with NE an easy route. What if we traded to LA Chargers and got 7. Since they missed out on the TB  sweep stakes. They are a QB away from being contenders again. 

You think they'd give up 7 for Stafford?

22 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I could go over all the reasons why I know for a fact this season will also be a complete train-wreck, but honestly it's just wasting my time, I wasted my time with this post already but it was too funny reading that this team would actually trade Stafford and replace him with a goof like Winston. Not the Fords type of player/person. 

How many wins defines a "complete train wreck"?

7 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

When I commented earlier, I was thinking more about Tua then Winston.  No way I'd want Winston. I'd rather go with Daniel.

I'm talking about Winston as a bridge QB that has/can win games which allows time for Tua to get healthy and acclimated to the league. If you go a full season with Chase Daniel at QB then you might as well just say that we're competing for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Which is redundant if you just drafted Tua at #3 overall. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

How many wins defines a "complete train wreck"?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 8 or more wins? A train-wreck is a repeat of last year. (Which, imo, is what will happen.) I mean how good is this team really if Stafford has a repeat back injury?

Edited by SimbaWho

6 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I feel like Cam is going to be their guy, assuming that he's healthy. Panthers were suggesting that he was but who really knows. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm talking about Winston as a bridge QB that has/can win games which allows time for Tua to get healthy and acclimated to the league. If you go a full season with Chase Daniel at QB then you might as well just say that we're competing for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Which is redundant if you just drafted Tua at #3 overall. 

I wouldn't do a full season of Daniel. I think I would start him off the first 8 and move to Tua.  Also, if we draft Tua I think we are extending the rebuild so I'm not a 100% against a high draft pick in this specific scenario.