2020 Free Agency

Lionized

15 minutes ago, DOBSON10 said:

Very underwhelming start to Free Agency for the Lions IMO... None of the signings have been horrible, the Halapoulivaati Vaitai has the potential to be though. But this team needs a few play makers on defense and one or two more on offense. Real playmakers, guys that make things happen, not just steady solid rotation guys. This is mostly just solid rotation guys and Collins. Don't like the move letting go Davon Kennard either. He was one of the very few good-consistent defensive starters we had.

This is Bob Quinn, once again trying to pull some New England s*** and find some diamonds in the rough. Problem is, he's not Bill Bill Belichick, and Lions have shown they can't develop players like most of the Top teams do.

They better knock it out of the park with this Draft Class, #3 Overall... Top 3 Picks in Round 2-6... They need a great Draft desperately. 

Personally, I come to expect this from BQ. Nothing fancy in FA.  I know Trey Flowers was a big signing, but honestly if he wasn't in NE, I don't think we sign him.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

We have signed Desmond Trufant. 2 years, $21M, $14M Guaranteed.

We trading Slay? Ruling out Okudah?

I think I'd prefer to keep Slay in town. He may be amenable with all these recent moves made. I don't think we'll get much return for him, and I'd rather have Slay as our #1 corner + Simmons or something than Okudah + a 2nd rounder.

• Like 2

Just now, nagahide13 said:

I think I'd prefer to keep Slay in town. He may be amenable with all these recent moves made. I don't think we'll get much return for him, and I'd rather have Slay as our #1 corner + Simmons or something than Okudah + a 2nd rounder.

I can't agree more! I say keep Slay at this point...I'll feel sick if hes gone just for a 2nd rounder

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

The more I think about it, I’d trade down and go Derrick brown, go safety/ o-line and wr with our early picks 

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I wouldn't trade him but if he wants out, get the value. Older players with big contacts and a desire for a new contract don't get a lot on the market. 

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

Also I can see the lions and rams making a trade, slay for gurley and a pick. Idk why but I can totally see it. 

If the Rams trade Gurley I *think* they eat $12M but open up $5M... So I think we'd have a $5M cap hit for him if traded?