2020 Free Agency

Lionized

There’s way to much talent in this draft to use a very high 2nd on a running back imo.   If there’s cap to blow when the dust settles I wouldn’t mind the over paying Gordon a bit on a 1 year.  They both fit the running style this team wants

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

Clowney.  He's still out there.  Let's talk about it. 

Would you be interested?

What would you offer him?

2 Years, $16M/year, 60% guaranteed. 

2020 - $16M ($14M Dead Cap if released)

2021 - $16M ($5M Dead Cap if released)

8 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Clowney.  He's still out there.  Let's talk about it. 

Would you be interested?

What would you offer him?

I like Clowney and would love to see him in Detroit, but if signing him meant I missed out on a RG, then I don't know.  The right side of the line worries me.  If I can get both, I would go for it. As far as what would I offer him, I think I would look for a discount and remind him of the honor and prestige that goes with donning the Honolulu blue.

• Like 1

Just now, LionArkie said:

I like Clowney and would love to see him in Detroit, but if signing him meant I missed out on a RG, then I don't know.  The right side of the line worries me.  If I can get both, I would go for it. As far as what would I offer him, I think I would look for a discount and remind him of the honor and prestige that goes with donning the Honolulu blue.

And then wait for him to settle down from laughing at this...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

2 Years, $16M/year, 60% guaranteed. 

2020 - $16M ($14M Dead Cap if released)

2021 - $16M ($5M Dead Cap if released)

If he’d take that deal? Oh boy I’d jump all over it....Clowney for less than Flowers.  His stats don’t do him justice he is still a terror.  Anyone who watched the playoff game against the packers saw him almost single handily disrupt the Packers game plan

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

If he’d take that deal? Oh boy I’d jump all over it....Clowney for less than Flowers.  His stats don’t do him justice he is still a terror.  Anyone who watched the playoff game against the packers saw him almost single handily disrupt the Packers game plan

He'd be looking at nearly $20M of guaranteed money. Could throw some incentives to bump it up to $18M/year. He hasn't had the health/consistency that a guy like Flowers has had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He'd be looking at nearly $20M of guaranteed money. Could throw some incentives to bump it up to $18M/year. He hasn't had the health/consistency that a guy like Flowers has had. 

I wonder if we can get him a 2 year deal with a player option to opt out of year 2 but would end up with like $20m guaranteed?  I'd be down to do something like that

• Like 1

Just now, Millenhater said:

I wonder if we can get him a 2 year deal with a player option to opt out of year 2 but would end up with like $20m guaranteed?  I'd be down to do something like that

I wouldn't want to give him that.. I mean.. he has one good year with us, takes off and then we still get stuck with $5M in dead cap. We'd be better off giving him a 1 year $17 or $18M contract. The two year deal gives him some security and he's going to get paid to be a good player. Even if he gets cut after a one year trial he'll still make $5M + any new money on another contract next year. People would likely blame Patricia, who would likely be fired if it doesn't work out, and he'll get another $10M+ for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I wouldn't want to give him that.. I mean.. he has one good year with us, takes off and then we still get stuck with $5M in dead cap. We'd be better off giving him a 1 year $17 or $18M contract. The two year deal gives him some security and he's going to get paid to be a good player. Even if he gets cut after a one year trial he'll still make $5M + any new money on another contract next year. People would likely blame Patricia, who would likely be fired if it doesn't work out, and he'll get another $10M+ for sure. 

But maybe we would recoup a comp pick. We have to resign a bunch of big time guys that are due to be a Free agents next offseason.  I don't know but if we are going all in on this make or break season I say let's do it.  Clowney is not worth the money.  Not even close but having said that, I'd still be down for some craziness of adding him.

5 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

.  Clowney is not worth the money.  Not even close but having said that, I'd still be down for some craziness of adding him.

Not worth the money? He’s a steal at that price in this market.  Clowney and Flowers impact is not even comparable.  

I'd be all over Clowney.  I'd give him 20m a year for 2 years.  Short but impactful player that deserves to be paid.  Just dont trust giving it to him long term.  Having Clowney and Flowers on the ends will open up a ton of space for our LBs and DTs will have a lot of one on one matchups that they can win. 

• Like 3

I would definately support a Clowney signing but I don't think he personally will go this route. There are teams out there with some cap space that could definately use him and maybe even push them over the top. Thinking Buffalo Bills and Tampa bay Buccaneers specifically,  both teams have space available and really swing/turn the tide in their favor with a Clowney signing. More than most teams imo.

Buffalo Bills team with Clowney, imo, is a lock for AFC east championship, playoff home game with a bye week. Sets them up well. I wish Lions were in this position, i'd be screaming all in! Buffalo already opened pandoras box with the Diggs trade they might as well totally commit the next two years. Windows open and they close quickly!

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1