2020 Free Agency

Lionized

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Not really a shocker. He wants to come back and we can use help at the position. I think it's just a matter of figuring out the money. 

id take a hard pass and sign Griffen yesterday

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Not really a shocker. He wants to come back and we can use help at the position. I think it's just a matter of figuring out the money. 

You’re probably right. The Lions have lots of cap space but I would be surprised at this point to see them use it. He’s a known player that should be available for reasonable $$$$.

2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You’re probably right. The Lions have lots of cap space but I would be surprised at this point to see them use it. He’s a known player that should be available for reasonable $$$$.

If they can get him for say $2M and they're confident he's healthy enough, why not. They know him, he knows the scheme and it's a position of need. Maybe a guy like Marcell Dareus is a better get but there's a lot more uncertainty on who he is and why he's on the market. Plus, he has to learn the scheme, organization, etc. The team should still bring in some other guys in FA but this whole COVID situation makes a signing on a guy like MD more likely and possibly better for us. 

• Like 3

Just now, Karnage84 said:

If they can get him for say $2M and they're confident he's healthy enough, why not. They know him, he knows the scheme and it's a position of need. Maybe a guy like Marcell Dareus is a better get but there's a lot more uncertainty on who he is and why he's on the market. Plus, he has to learn the scheme, organization, etc. The team should still bring in some other guys in FA but this whole COVID situation makes a signing on a guy like MD more likely and possibly better for us. 

Given revenue uncertainty I doubt they break the bank for anyone.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I completely agree. Hopefully he was able to get healthy last year, and now he can start where he left off. Would much rather grab a guy with familiarity than a player new to the system/organization.

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I completely agree. Hopefully he was able to get healthy last year, and now he can start where he left off. Would much rather grab a guy with familiarity than a player new to the system/organization.

Daniels will likely be motivated as well. 

I keep thinking about Ansah. If they could sign him cheap enough, could they get enough snaps out of him in situational duty to justify the roster spot? 

You think about the talented players that have played in Detroit but simply had terrible luck with injuries like, Best, Ansah, Rogers, Smith, Levy or other issues like Young, Williams. Then consider CJ and Sanders retiring in their prime. So much talent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Daniels will likely be motivated as well. 

I keep thinking about Ansah. If they could sign him cheap enough, could they get enough snaps out of him in situational duty to justify the roster spot? 

You think about the talented players that have played in Detroit but simply had terrible luck with injuries like, Best, Ansah, Rogers, Smith, Levy or other issues like Young, Williams. Then consider CJ and Sanders retiring in their prime. So much talent. 

they have drafted top 3 how many times lol 

• Like 1