2020 Free Agency

Lionized

Just now, LionArkie said:

I have a feeling not much more is going to happen with the Lions as the week goes on.  Maybe depth signings, but not much more.  Here is to hoping I'm wrong.

I feel like it's going to be the opposite. We already had a pretty decent amount of cap space coming into free agency. Then we release Kennard and Wagner to open up some more cap space. Vaitai has eaten up the Wagner room but Kennard opens up another $5 or $6M. It wouldn't shock me to see us make a big splash signing/trade. 

• Like 2

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I feel like it's going to be the opposite. We already had a pretty decent amount of cap space coming into free agency. Then we release Kennard and Wagner to open up some more cap space. Vaitai has eaten up the Wagner room but Kennard opens up another $5 or $6M. It wouldn't shock me to see us make a big splash signing/trade. 

I could see a trade occurring, but I don't think we outright sign people.  I mean, I'm probably wrong, but also Quinn likes to hold money back.  I really want to see us sign a beefy run stuffer, but I don't think it will happen.  I just don't think it will.  Feel free to call me out when it happens.  For anybody that knows, where are we at cap wise anyways?  I don't ever pay attention to that?

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I could see a trade occurring, but I don't think we outright sign people.  I mean, I'm probably wrong, but also Quinn likes to hold money back.  I really want to see us sign a beefy run stuffer, but I don't think it will happen.  I just don't think it will.  Feel free to call me out when it happens.  For anybody that knows, where are we at cap wise anyways?  I don't ever pay attention to that?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/detroit-lions/

$36M of cap space *OTC doesn't list the DT or Daniel's contracts, so it'll be slightly lower

• Jamie Collins - $6.3M Cap Hit
  • Vaitai - $5.4M Cap Hit

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Joe Thuney would be a trade target I could see happening. 

• Like 1

Which I think is roughly $10-$12M. So there's $23 - $25M of open room and I don't think this number is including rollover from last season. 

Thats about what we had last year that was unspent correct?  I feel like Quinn likes to keep money in case someone gets cut or something like Mike Daniels last year.  Albeit didnt work out, but that concept. 

• Like 1

Which I think is roughly $10-$12M. So there's $23 - $25M of open room and I don't think this number is including rollover from last season. 

Alright, I think Quinn typically holds 3-5 million back, but lets go with all the lower numbers.  So subtracting all the numbers I'm coming up with 11.3 million left.  If that number is right, we will more than likely sign some more.  It will be interesting if we sign any race horses, or just mules.