Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, but Kathleen Kennedy being the one to overturn it and send everyone home gives me pause about feeling that it wasn't right.  

that doesnt bother me, she ultimately isnt writing it and she has overseen plenty of great productions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

that doesnt bother me, she ultimately isnt writing it and she has overseen plenty of great productions. 

You will forgive me if I have some recency bias, especially as it pertains to the product at hand.  

Also in response to the next post down, if we are going to shrink this series to four episodes, why don't we just make a movie at this point? 

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also in response to the next post down, if we are going to shrink this series to four episodes, why don't we just make a movie at this point?

If you look at the Witcher on Netflix vs Mandolorian and there social presence, having a weekly airing is definitely more beneficial. As a new service, they need consistent word of mouth to push subscriptions. That would be a huge reason to continue with an episodic series. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They should just cancel it.  The only reason they’re making it is so they can have one more epic Darth Mail/ Obi Wan battle.  They’re also going to try to pack it with exposition that will explain why/how they brought Sidius back in ROS.

They already did it. It was a quick battle 

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You will forgive me if I have some recency bias, especially as it pertains to the product at hand.  

?

You should. Kennedy grabs her "production" success from other visionaries coat tails. 

You would think someone who has been through this rodeo before would know how to hire directors and such. Yet she has already fired multiple project leaders, and seems to have hired some based on hype factor and fired them based on backlash. 

Rian Johnson according to multiple rumours already had his trilogy well under way after all the hype TLJ was getting before release. Then after the backlash and even with Rian insistence that hes doing it, we have heard a peep from Disney anymore 

Same with D&D, hype goes with GoT, they get hired, backlash comes, then their ghosted. 

Episode 9 director supposedly got canned due to a flop he made according to rumors.

I mean for such an experienced producer her actions seem very reactionary. 

Marvel hired RDJ not long after he had gotten out of prison. So when youre right youre right. 

I wouldn't have faith. 

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2020/01/24/ewan-mcgregor-says-star-wars-obi-wan-filming-delayed/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=200124_064946_Comicbook.com Daily Newsletter&utm_content=Link

"It just slipped to next year, that's all," McGregor says of the delay. "The scripts are really good. I think that so now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm's got more time to look to spend on the writing, they felt like they wanted more time to write the episodes. I read about 80-90 percent of what they've written so far and it's really, really good. And instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that's all. It's nothing more dramatic than that. It often happens in projects, they just wanted to push it to next year."

"It will have the same release date, I don't think it will affect the release date. They're still shooting towards having the [series] released when it was going to originally release."

When asked about reports that the series has been shortened from six to four episodes, McGregor denied them, simply saying: "I haven't heard that." Though there is the possibility that such a decision had not yet made it to McGregor's ear since the news broke earlier in the day.

• Like 1