Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

Figured we should have a thread for all things Star Wars, and once things get confirmed we can have other threads, but this can be an overarching thread to track different things.  

Currently, Disney has confirmed the following episodic shows for Disney Plus: 

The Mandalorian Season Two (Fall 2020) 

Cassian Andor show (set between Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One) 

Obi-Wan Kenobi show (same timeframe, also heard the rumor they are casting for a young Luke Skywalker) 

There are also rumors of a Darth Maul show out there as well.  

I've also come across the following articles for potential movies.  It seems that a standalone Rey movie is possible, as well as a movie centered around Poe and Finn.  

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/evidence-mounts-lucasfilm-developing-rey-solo-movie-star-wars/?fbclid=IwAR0h-7jGUnLMBP6QmDuf3ao71qVqVhg6PQuterDdxLfAZI3w42tlizk5DOY

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/john-boyega-oscar-isaac-reportedly-return-star-wars/

Additionally, the "Knights of the Old Republic" movie appears to be the trilogy the Game of Thrones guys were working on, so that may not be happening now.  

The only three confirmed are the TV shows, all movie speculation is pure hope/rumor mill nonsense. 

Plus whatever other animated series Disney does after Resistance but....don't have high hopes for that unless Filoni is involved. 

14 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The only three confirmed are the TV shows, all movie speculation is pure hope/rumor mill nonsense. 

Plus whatever other animated series Disney does after Resistance but....don't have high hopes for that unless Filoni is involved. 

I have never been an animated show or movie fan, and I tried getting into the Clone Wars and just couldn't.  I feel I am missing out on Thrawn's return, but we also have another novel trilogy coming from Timothy Zahn so I will settle for that.  

I posted the other movie rumors because they are being sourced by someone who is somehow in the know and has reported things correctly before.  All of those are "grain of salt" rumors because I have a feeling a lot will change.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have never been an animated show or movie fan, and I tried getting into the Clone Wars and just couldn't.  I feel I am missing out on Thrawn's return, but we also have another novel trilogy coming from Timothy Zahn so I will settle for that.  

I posted the other movie rumors because they are being sourced by someone who is somehow in the know and has reported things correctly before.  All of those are "grain of salt" rumors because I have a feeling a lot will change.  

Same, Clone Wars and Rebels was just way too cartoony without much Star Wars. Maybe I didn't watch enough but I got tired of the "messages" at the end of every episode like I was watching Full House again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The animated stuff is IMO the best star wars has to offer (now that being the mandalorian) but it's hard to get into. If only because they've been getting worse since Filoni/Disney have been focused on other things. 

Oh that's fine I'm just saying 90%+ of rumors are hot trash made up for clicks because "IS JAR JAR SNOKE?" gets clicks. 

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

The animated stuff is IMO the best star wars has to offer (now that being the mandalorian) but it's hard to get into. If only because they've been getting worse since Filoni/Disney have been focused on other things. 

Oh that's fine I'm just saying 90%+ of rumors are hot trash made up for clicks because "IS JAR JAR SNOKE?" gets clicks. 

Yeah it is, and it's even harder for me to get into because I never watched a lot of animated stuff as a kid.  I am staring at my whole blu ray collection right now and not a single animated item except for Clone Wars, which again, I made it through a season.  

Also, I am a firm believer that there was more to Jar Jar than meets the eye, but everyone got cold feet with how the fans turned against him.  I will also say that The Phantom Menace is much easier to watch if you view it with the lense of Darth Jar Jar.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

What has he broken?

He seems to be plugged in is all I know.  I don't follow movie/tv stuff religiously.  I'm just a big Star Wars fan, just a little less so since the EU ended.  So if you want to take over with adding credible rumors to the thread, be my guest, it's no skin off my back.  

2020 Novel Releases that are confirmed: 

Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition- March 3rd (these usually go much more indepth than the movies and have answers to a lot of questions)

Chaos Rising (the 1st book of the new Thrawn trilogy) releases May 5th.  Shadow Fall, the second book of the Alphabet Squadron trilogy, releases June 23rd.  There is also a young adult Padme novel releasing on May 5th as well.  

August 25th releases The Clone Wars Anthology, described as "each story adapts episodes or story arcs from The Clone Wars tv show from the point of view of one main character." 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We got this covered is a garbage site and should never be used as a source. 99% is made up.

Sounds about accurate about most media outlets now days. Citing sources with no other reason other then to generate clicks or views. 

I dont see what the problem is. 

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

2020 Novel Releases that are confirmed: 

Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition- March 3rd (these usually go much more indepth than the movies and have answers to a lot of questions)

Chaos Rising (the 1st book of the new Thrawn trilogy) releases May 5th.  Shadow Fall, the second book of the Alphabet Squadron trilogy, releases June 23rd.  There is also a young adult Padme novel releasing on May 5th as well.  

August 25th releases The Clone Wars Anthology, described as "each story adapts episodes or story arcs from The Clone Wars tv show from the point of view of one main character." 

The original Thrawn trilogy was so good. I read pretty much every single expanded universe novel and hated but understood them removing then from cannon. I now hope that Rey, Fin and Poes story continues in a new EU like how the old EU carried on Luke, Leia and Hans story 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m 95% convinced they are going to distance themselves from what they created with this trilogy.  Finn, Poe, Rey... I don’t think any of them are coming back.

I would tend to agree, but I don't think they write all of them off completely.  We definitely see more content come up to put in between Rise of Skywalker and their next movie(s) to give people some time to forget about them and immerse themselves in other stories.