5. The Force Awakens

6. The Last Jedi

7. Rise of Skywalker

8.  Revenge of the Sith

9. Phantom Menace 

10. Solo

11. Attack of the clones

Something like that

The OT will always be the best. Rogue One was absolutely stunning. TLJ grows on me on rewatches, but that said it has some of the biggest flaws in the entire NT. I find Revenge of the Sith boring until the last hour or so. Phantom Menace is not great, but the nostalgia gets me, and it has some cool scenes. I liked Maul. I hated Solo.

My latest ranking of the Star Wars films

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi 
Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
Rise of Skywalker
The Phantom Menace
Solo
Attack of the Clones
The Last Jedi

If I watch The Phantom Menace under the guise of Darth JarJar, it moves up a couple spots.  

If you view The Mandalorian as a Star Wars movie, would definitely be in the top five, so Revenge of the Sith would be out, but I am not sure where I would put Mandalorian.  

I've said Solo is a pretty fun movie in this thread and others.  I do like it for a fun ride watching it every so often.  There is a distinct divide between my liking of Solo versus the last two movies on the list.  

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im still not caught up on CW, did D+ botch the end?

No, it wasnt botched. I think my intrigue for Ahsoka’s arc outweighed anything else and hurt my appreciation for it. I’ll give it a rewatch soon.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

No, it wasnt botched. I think my intrigue for Ahsoka’s arc outweighed anything else and hurt my appreciation for it. I’ll give it a rewatch soon.

I am like... season's behind. Its on my list but somehow I wound up restarting Scrubs for 100th time instead. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Im still not caught up on CW, did D+ botch the end?

i thought the ending of CW was one of the most satisfying and emotionally resonant star wars things to happen since empire. really great, imo. the season 7 episodes leading up to the final 4-part arc, not so much. but those last 4 episodes *banged.*

Edited by -Hope-

also i see we're doing lists again, so:

1. empire

2. new hope

3. the last jedi

4. return of the jedi

5. the force awakens

6. revenge of the sith

7. the rise of skywalker

8. the phantom menace

9. attack of the clones

7, 8, and 9 could go in any order for me. they're all truly awful but for very different reasons. i waffle between putting TLJ and RotJ at 3/4 respectively, but ultimately i think what brings TLJ down for me is its existence in the mess of the sequel trilogy as a whole and as a standalone film and an addition to the star wars mythology i find it very enjoyable.

i don't really have the urge to include the companion films. they're pretty whatever to me, though rogue one is definitely the better of the two. the mandalorian is obviously great and i love the clone wars as well, but as tv shows i also feel like putting them in the rankings would be kind of incoherent.

Edited by -Hope-

9 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I have seen probably the first half of Clones... just couldn't get that into it no matter how hard I tried. I'm sure I will skip this too 

I don't blame you for that.  People like what we like.  For me, I just can't get into animated things, and that includes comics.  I am fully resigned to that, and I likely missed some good Star Wars stories because of it but I've still got everything else.  

• Like 1