Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Her contract is up in a year or so, so we can bring it back up then. 

Ultimately, it's not going to come down to if she made $1 billion in revenue for 4/5 movies or not, but how much they view may have been left on the table by her actions (or lack thereof.)

Right, but if she was going to be replaced in a year, they wouldn’t be using her for an important investors meeting during a down year during a pandemic. I want her out we well, but..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Kennedy deserves the criticism but she should also get credit when warranted...like right now. It’s been a while since this franchise was flying this high.

I’ve heard that people want for Feloni to replace her which makes no sense. He’s a creative, why take him away from that?

But is the franchise really flying high?  We're just a year away from Rise of Skywalker, which was, again, divisive to say the least.  They did have a huge success on their hands with Fallen Order and The Mandalorian, and a pretty good game in Squadrons.  But like we joke about in the college football forum with Texas........is Star Wars back?  Not enough evidence there yet.  

59 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Did they say if Filoni and Fav were involved in the other shows? I imagine Feloni will be very hands on with Ashoka at the very least. 

Patty Jenkins was a for sure get

Filoni is doing Bad Batch, while both of them are showrunners for Ahsoka and Rangers

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But is the franchise really flying high?  We're just a year away from Rise of Skywalker, which was, again, divisive to say the least.  They did have a huge success on their hands with Fallen Order and The Mandalorian, and a pretty good game in Squadrons.  But like we joke about in the college football forum with Texas........is Star Wars back?  Not enough evidence there yet.  

Well considering that they just announced like 10 new projects, I bet they’re feeling pretty good. Look online, TV, or even in your social media - Star Wars is doing great.

18 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Look, Lucasfilm has done enough screwing with everything over the years, but they can't undo Obi-Wan and Vader never crossing.  The whole point of Obi-Wan going into exile on Tatooine is to avoid Vader, because he knows he will never go there.  

The Kenobi vs Anakin fight could be a force vision. A what if scenario 

Nothing concrete but a Lucasfilm employee confirmed "games" coming out soon.  OzzyJedi is worth a follow as well.  I also like the idea of a Battlefront in the High Republic.  If we can move away from what we know, then we don't have to worry about fan backlash for "why isn't "my favorite character" in the game.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Normally, I'm pretty conservative when I see fan service mentioned........this would be one of those times where I would call it that.  To me at least, the Obi-Wan/Vader story is over after Mustafar.  

Obi-Wan definitely has ptsd in exile, it doesn’t surprise me he is having force visions of his failures.

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Mandolorian is great, but...I already figured out Favreau's views without having to look at his Twitter to confirm everything.

He's pretty clear with who he sees as the "super evil bad guys!!!!" and the "good guys". He could never write a villians series.

I think he's done a solid job humanizing the people who follow the Empire moreso than any other Star Wars property ever has.  Some are zealots, but a lot are people who just see things differently.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think he's done a solid job humanizing the people who follow the Empire moreso than any other Star Wars property ever has.  Some are zealots, but a lot are people who just see things differently.

I think the one Mandalorian who used the phrase "Stronger Together" tells us everything we need to know. 

I really like the show. I hate the any and all politics in it though, regardless of message.

• Like 1