Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I have the first 4 episodes of Rebels to check out. See if its anything worth watching.

Finished up Mandalorian last night. Can someone tell me the timeframe for this. Some things said during my watch through didnt make the greatest sense. And Im brand new to all this so...   Like one part the jedi girl said she once heard of an ancient jedi like this (referring to Grogu). Then another part there was a young pilot when kidnapping the clone doctors ship that said he was on the 2nd death star.  I was figuring this was around or even after the last trilogy. But according to that pilot. Ben and Grogu were likely students of Luke at the same time.

Rebels is a little rough in season 1.  Push through, seasons 3 and 4 are great.

Season 1 of The Mandalorian is about 5 years after Return of the Jedi, not totally sure how much time has passed from the start of the series to the end of season 2, but I would guess it's been about a year, which would but it 6 years after RotJ.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Do I need to have watched the Clone Wars to watch The Bad Bunch? I know the jist of the series, I just haven't ever sat down and watched the whole thing. 

Not really, but it does introduce these characters before this episode.  

My recommendation, here is a link to 20 Clone Wars episodes in seasons 1-6.  Watch these 20, and then watch season 7 before you watch The Bad Batch.  It's 32 episodes total, which is a little daunting, but they are mostly 20 minutes each, and it's really the best of The Clone Wars, and it's a lot less daunting than watching 7 full seasons of The Clone Wars.

Star Wars: Clone Wars Essential Episodes to Watch Before Season 7 (collider.com)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Do I need to have watched the Clone Wars to watch The Bad Bunch? I know the jist of the series, I just haven't ever sat down and watched the whole thing. 

No, but you’ll be missing out on some key things. 
Rookies, Clone Cadets, Arc Troopers, Citadel, Counterattack all lead to the 4 episode arc in season 7. That leads directly into the spinoff.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not really, but it does introduce these characters before this episode.  

My recommendation, here is a link to 20 Clone Wars episodes in seasons 1-6.  Watch these 20, and then watch season 7 before you watch The Bad Batch.  It's 32 episodes total, which is a little daunting, but they are mostly 20 minutes each, and it's really the best of The Clone Wars, and it's a lot less daunting than watching 7 full seasons of The Clone Wars.

Star Wars: Clone Wars Essential Episodes to Watch Before Season 7 (collider.com)

I'll give this a shot. I'm not in a big rush to watch it. 

FWIW, Clone Wars has been way better ever since I stopped trying to watch every episode. I have this link, which is obviously pretty full, but I've really enjoyed most of the suggestions. And I haven't felt in a rush to watch them either. 

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/12/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/

It comes out to like 50-60 episodes or something, which considering it is 20 some minute show... You can kinda watch it in bunches.

I read the Thrawn trilogy and loved it. 

Tonight the wife and I are going to watch Rogue One, since she has not seen it and it is Star Wars day!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I liked that one the most of the new movies. That battle is the best of any of the movies IMO. 

That movie made me a fan. The entire final stretch had that Disney feel, in such a nontraditional Disney way.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, carl_sjunior said:

FWIW, Clone Wars has been way better ever since I stopped trying to watch every episode. I have this link, which is obviously pretty full, but I've really enjoyed most of the suggestions. And I haven't felt in a rush to watch them either. 

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/12/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/

It comes out to like 50-60 episodes or something, which considering it is 20 some minute show... You can kinda watch it in bunches.

I read the Thrawn trilogy and loved it. 

Tonight the wife and I are going to watch Rogue One, since she has not seen it and it is Star Wars day!

The new Thrawn book that just came out in the Disney continuity was pretty damn good too.  Glad you enjoyed the OG series though. 

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Second episode was solid.  Not as good as the first and they had to get the obligatory "maybe we shouldn't be taking a kid with us as outlaws on the run" episode, so at least that is out of the way.

I like that they are revisiting some old characters as well.

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm saying it now, Omega is going to show up in a different future series as an adult.

Where do you think? She'd be Boba's age in the Mando timeline that all the live action shows are based in at the moment. She'd be Kanan's age in the pre-OT time that Rebels takes place in. Not sure what future project you can fit her into but I'd be interested on expanding her character assuming she makes it out of Bad Batch alive lol

Maybe she is frozen in carbonite at some point and lost?