Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

Finally got caught up with last Friday's Bad Batch.  I have to say I didn't expect 

Spoiler

A 'Jabba's rancor from Return of the Jedi' origin story.

I thought where the squad was heading and what they need to do to get what they want made better sense this episode.

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Finally got caught up with last Friday's Bad Batch.  I have to say I didn't expect 

Hide contents

A 'Jabba's rancor from Return of the Jedi' origin story.

I thought where the squad was heading and what they need to do to get what they want made better sense this episode.

Im starting to think Filoni connects the universe TOO much. Making the galaxy feel a bit small IMO. 

On 6/2/2021 at 9:30 PM, Deadpulse said:

Im starting to think Filoni connects the universe TOO much. Making the galaxy feel a bit small IMO. 

Yeah I've seen others saying this too. Like everyone in the galaxy knows each other. It still makes me seriously geek out when someone we've seen before turns up somewhere else, but we don't need it every single episode. It'd be nice now if we could go 6-8 episodes until the end of The Bad Batch without the side characters in an episode being someone we know. I don't mind the little references, like in Fennec Shand's episode we saw one of those little weird alien dog things that was in Resistance - that made me laugh. But not every week with the characters please, Dave, it's like they're one-week guest stars.

I am literally nit picking at the smallest of nits to pick there. Don't get me wrong - love what Filoni has brought to Star Wars, and really enjoying The Bad Batch so far.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

Yeah I've seen others saying this too. Like everyone in the galaxy knows each other. It still makes me seriously geek out when someone we've seen before turns up somewhere else, but we don't need it every single episode. It'd be nice now if we could go 6-8 episodes until the end of The Bad Batch without the side characters in an episode being someone we know. I don't mind the little references, like in Fennec Shand's episode we saw one of those little weird alien dog things that was in Resistance - that made me laugh. But not every week with the characters please, Dave, it's like they're one-week guest stars.

I am literally nit picking at the smallest of nits to pick there. Don't get me wrong - love what Filoni has brought to Star Wars, and really enjoying The Bad Batch so far.

Agreed, it is nit picky AF. However he did it again in last week's episode with the two sisters that Ashoka hangs with right after leaving the order in Clone Wars. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I love the the fan service but it’s  too much sometimes. 

Finished Rebels last week and I absolutely loved it. Right up there with some of the best Star Wars. Very little to no fillers  in the entire series. Amazing characters, too.

I’m not as high on Bad Batch so far. Some good characters and high production value but I just don’t love the story or direction. Seems like a lot of filler episodes. It’s not bad, but after just watching Rebels it’s definitely a letdown. Will keep watching, though.

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Yeah, I love the the fan service but it’s  too much sometimes. 

Finished Rebels last week and I absolutely loved it. Right up there with some of the best Star Wars. Very little to no fillers  in the entire series. Amazing characters, too.

I’m not as high on Bad Batch so far. Some good characters and high production value but I just don’t love the story or direction. Seems like a lot of filler episodes. It’s not bad, but after just watching Rebels it’s definitely a letdown. Will keep watching, though.

I have a feeling Bad Batch will all come together somehow. 

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I have a feeling Bad Batch will all come together somehow. 

Same, I think Bad Batch has had a stronger start than Rebels did.  Rebels seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic, but there were some growing pains over the first two seasons, especially in season 1.  I'm giving The Bad Batch at least this season to hit it's stride, and even now it doesn't feel like a chore to watch.

• Like 1