Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

28 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Same, I think Bad Batch has had a stronger start than Rebels did.  Rebels seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic, but there were some growing pains over the first two seasons, especially in season 1.  I'm giving The Bad Batch at least this season to hit it's stride, and even now it doesn't feel like a chore to watch.

You are spot on. We can even go back to Clone Wars, as great as that series turned out to be on a whole, the first season is a chore, especially with the filler and Jar Jar episodes. 

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

The was a great bad batch episode. Hunter stood no chance vs 

Reveal hidden contents

Cad Bane

I'm glad they had Hunter lose that duel, it helps establish limits on the characters and stakes you can trust.  Narratively, that was by far the best episode yet.  None of that episode felt like filler and had excellent pacing.

• Like 1

Yeah, this show is awesome. I never thought I'd say this, but it seems Disney purchasing Star Wars was a great move forward for the franchise. Of course, they started it out on a dreadful note, but no doubt they're pouring more money into it than any other platform would be able to do. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Yeah, this show is awesome. I never thought I'd say this, but it seems Disney purchasing Star Wars was a great move forward for the franchise. Of course, they started it out on a dreadful note, but no doubt they're pouring more money into it than any other platform would be able to do. 

As long as they continue to run all the new stuff through Filoni and Favrau, i'm excited for the future of Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy can have whatever titles she wants, but the mere fact she green lit the sequel trilogy without one cohesive story to tell over 3 movies is an unforgivable act. What moron just tells the directors to make it up as they go?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

As long as they continue to run all the new stuff through Filoni and Favrau, i'm excited for the future of Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy can have whatever titles she wants, but the mere fact she green lit the sequel trilogy without one cohesive story to tell over 3 movies is an unforgivable act. What moron just tells the directors to make it up as they go?

I really wish they'd hit the reset button on those 3. They started off on a promising note with TFA but everything after was a mess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I really wish they'd hit the reset button on those 3. They started off on a promising note with TFA but everything after was a mess. 

Yep, they should have just given Abrams all three right out of the gate. May not have been what people wanted, but it at least would have been a cohesive story

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Dave Filoni and Favreau did more for Luke Skywalker in 10 minutes than JJ and Ruin did in 3 movies. It’s incredible. 

This. Amazing how you can have so little knowledge and ruin a character like they did.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, D82 said:

So I finally decided to give The Bad Batch a watch. Came away pleasantly surprised. It has a few weak points in some episodes, but overall I've found it to be enjoyable. 

It's somewhat exceeded my expectations, but I'd still have it below Rebels and Clone Wars. Maybe better than either of those seasons 1's though

Storyline wise, The Bad Batch is really starting to get interesting.  Very curious to see where they go from here.

One minor annoyance about the show in general, they have them using the "stun" blasters way too much.  When they are pinned down by vastly superior numbers, that kind of tactic could get them killed.  For a supposedly elite force, you'd think they would realize that.