Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Could you go into more detail about your first comment? It’s flying over my head a bit. If not no worries at all. 

I’m not a fan of Marvel or superhero’s in general, so I can’t really comment on the comparison. 

It was originally going to be a film, once Disney+ started going they morphed it into a show.
I think it added some good stuff, final battle against Vader instead of Maul. But you could feel the filler.

In general I think streaming and specifically D+ have an evolution they need to make on the horizon.
One part is they are unshackled from the restraints of old tv...make the shows as long as the story needs..not more not less. If people are immediately thinking "I can cut this down to a tight 3.5-4 hours" like they did with Obi-wan, you need to realize that earlier on. A lot of the platforms could use this, but Disney is doing the film franchise to show thing 10x more...so them especially.

The other is tone and targeted audience. Boba was the most egregious one with this, they are using a default for everyone palette to tell all the stories and it's a disservice to the character and what expectations fairly are for them. Luckily the heads at Disney seem to realize this, Chapek talked about having thing for adults and widening what they do. You see how successful these otherwise Larger audience franchises can be when they are allowed to delve into that side more. Andor is very mature and feels so distant from the pitfalls of Boba, other examples on the Marvel side like Daredevil. I bring up Marvel because they affect the each other in how they share the platform and have the same people at the top.

I don't even hate Obi-wan, it fell a little short but there was some good stuff.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Which are?

Now these are rumors at this point but supposedly come from a pretty reputable source.

Spoiler

More than one actress playing Ahsoka. That the "world between worlds" that we saw in rebels will be used in the show. Like for example Ahsoka will go to  Mustafar instead of Obi Wan to try and kill or do something about Anakin. Also sounds like Hayden will make an appearance as well. (which i wouoldnt mind what so ever)

57 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Now these are rumors at this point but supposedly come from a pretty reputable source.

Hide contents

More than one actress playing Ahsoka. That the "world between worlds" that we saw in rebels will be used in the show. Like for example Ahsoka will go to  Mustafar instead of Obi Wan to try and kill or do something about Anakin. Also sounds like Hayden will make an appearance as well. (which i wouoldnt mind what so ever)

I mean that would open the possibility to ignore the sequel trilogy and rectify the film series.