Raging Raider's offseason and 2020 team-flame on

ragingraider

W

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

He hasn't missed a game in his career, is 26, the best off ball LB available in FA, has 250+ tackles, 7.5 sacks, 5 int and 2 FF over the last 2 seasons as a full time starter.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/inside-linebacker/

The top 5 all signed in 2019. That's the current market for LBs. I don't think he gets more than Wagner but more than Mosley is possible if multiple teams are interested (which should be the case). He's definitely getting more than 12M/Y from someone.

Well then let it be someone else. I wouldn't put him in the Mosley category. He is an above average player entering his prime so he may get the big numbers you are talking about, but I don't consider him a top ILB in the league.

W

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

He hasn't missed a game in his career, is 26, the best off ball LB available in FA, has 250+ tackles, 7.5 sacks, 5 int and 2 FF over the last 2 seasons as a full time starter.

The top 5 all signed in 2019. That's the current market for LBs. I don't think he gets more than Wagner but more than Mosley is possible if multiple teams are interested (which should be the case). He's definitely getting more than 12M/Y from someone.

Well then let it be someone else. I wouldn't put him in the Mosley category. He is an above average player entering his prime so he may get the big numbers you are talking about, but I don't consider him a top ILB in the league.

A Jaylon Smith deal seems appropriate to me. He just signed his deal recently. His six years. so maybe we have to play with the years make it a five year deal. Littleton might want a three year deal in hopes of getting one more big contract. That stuff is negotiable to me. Big signing bonus whatever. But, 12 a year on average is all I would pay. Otherwise, we build through the draft or pick someone else up who is more cost effective.

W

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

You know what your right. He is going to get closer to 14 or 15. That just seems too much. I don't think we should be interested at that price. The market for this type of player makes me more interested in Kenneth Murray at #19.

Edited by ragingraider

9 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Danny Trevathan might be a nice short term alternative. I'd bring back Burfict for insurance as well. He will be super cheap.

Burfict would be brought back as the starter (I hope we don’t do this). If he isn’t the starter he’d have to play ST as a backup LB. no chance that happens.

I'd sign him as essentially a player coach. Let him ride the bench and not make the active roster unless we need him due to injury. I hear what your saying though. I just like having a knowledgeable system guy who really doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and we can have for a liitle over 1 Million.