The Commitnent to Excellence Mock Draft

OG_C2X

I plan to do 3 mock drafts this year. 1 now. 1 after combine/pro days. 1 right before the draft.

Here is the the first edition. 

Coaching
Jay Gruden - OC and Play caller
Greg Olsen goes to QB coach.

Starting Cap Space: 72.65

Cut
Whitehead + $6.25M

Restructure (savings via spotrac roster builder)
Carr + $12.05M
Brown + $13.62M
Hudson + $8.25M

Re-Sign - $117.66M
Karl Joseph 2y/ $13.5M ($7.25M)
Dion Jordan 1y/ $3.5M ($3.5)
Benson Mayowa 2y/ $ 10.5M ($6M)
Richie Incognito 2y/ $14.5M ($7M)
Denzelle Good 2y/ $7.5M ($3.5M)
Jalen Richard 3y/ $14M ($4M)

Sign - $86.41M
Littleton 5y/$73M ($14.5M)
Armstead 4y/ $75 ($18.25M)
Jones 3y/ $45M ($15M)

Draft - $41.71M
12. Isaiah Simmons - ILB - Clemson

Raiders trade 19 and 124 to Cleveland Browns for Odell Beckham Jr. (+ $14.25)
and 43.

43. Solomon Kindley - OG - Georgia

78. Jacob Phillips- LB - LSU
82. Najee Harris - RB - Alabama
87. Michael Pittman Jr. - WR - USC

(QB) Carr - Kizer
(RB) Jacobs - Harris - Richard
(FB) Ingold
(TE) Waller - Moreau - Carrier
(ZWR) Beckham Jr. - Jones
(XWR) Williams - Pittman Jr.
(SWR) Renfrow - Gafford*
(LT) Miller - Sharpe
(LG) Incognito - Kindley
(C) Hudson - James
(RG) Jackson - Good
(RT) Brown - Parker

(BDE) Ferrell - Jordan
(UT) Armstead - Hurst
(NT) Hankins - Hall
(RDE) Crosby - Key
(WLB) Simmons
(MLB) Littleton - Compton
(SLB) Phillips
(CB1) Jones
(CB2) Mullen - Johnson
(S1) Abram
(S2) Joseph - Harris
(NCB) Joyner - Nixon

(K) Carlson
(P) Cole
(LS) Seig

Ending Cap Space to fill out the last 5 Roster spots: $19.65M

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

Its good. But, I dont want OBJ.  He isn't a team guy. With Such a deep draft, I'd rather get a top rookie under a reasonable contract who won't be a prima dona.

I love Simmons, but I;m not confident he will be there when we pick.

I wouldn't take a guard in the second. We can depth at that position later. Najee might be a good pick in the second not sure he lasts until the late third round.

You are thinking similarly to me though. Good mock. Take a look at mine let me know what you think. I would love to add Armstead which I didn't in mine, but I brought a little more on in terms of depth.

I wouldn't restructure Carr if it would prevent me from cutting him after 2020. I'm pretty much done with him. He is staying on for me so that we can fill out the roster with giving away the farm for a QB. But, this is his last opportunity from my viewpoint. With the team you built or the team I built he has no excuse not to succeed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Its good. But, I dont want OBJ.  He isn't a team guy. With Such a deep draft, I'd rather get a top rookie under a reasonable contract who won't be a prima dona.

I wouldn't take a guard in the second. We can depth at that position later. Najee might be a good pick in the second not sure he lasts until the late third round.

You are thinking similarly to me though. Good mock. Take a look at mine let me know what you think. I would love to add Armstead which I didn't in mine, but I brought a little more on in terms of depth.

I wouldn't restructure Carr if it would prevent me from cutting him after 2020. I'm pretty much done with him. He is staying on for me so that we can fill out the roster with giving away the farm for a QB. But, this is his last opportunity from my viewpoint. With the team you built or the team I built he has no excuse not to succeed.

I feel similar to this.

Our recent history with WR trades has me too hesitant on OBJ. 

I don't think Simmons will be available either.

I also want to have the ability to move on from Carr if we don't have a successful season next year.  I fully support him in 2020, but if they give him the proper tools and we still aren't in the playoffs next year, that will change.

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Raiders trade 19 and 124 to Cleveland Browns for Odell Beckham Jr. (+ $14.25)
and 43.

Hard pass. How many times do we need to go down this road? It's a great WR class, draft a younger guy without all the baggage. 

OBJ would just be another headache the Raiders don't need. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hard pass. How many times do we need to go down this road? It's a great WR class, draft a younger guy without all the baggage. 

OBJ would just be another headache the Raiders don't need. 

Why play the lottery when you could own a bank?

6 hours ago, ragingraider said:

I will take OBJ over any WR in this class and it's not even close. 

He's a tweeter who will drop the same way Derwin did. 

Kindley is an All Pro caliber replacement for Incognito or Jacksom if he doesn't pan improve next year. 

I am nervous of Harris not lasting til the late 3rd. I'm sure another mock I do later will have me trading up using our 3rds into the mid to late second for Harris. 

If the raiders don't completely implode next year, Carr is going to get an extension before the 2021 season 100% and it's going to PISS off Raider Nation and I am going to be laughing my *** off. Saying told you so. Maybe then you guys will realize. After 20 years of being literally obsessed with Gruden and Mayock their is no one outside of that franchise that knows the franchise like I do. They drafted a top 3 player on my big board with 6 of their first 8 picks. I didn't have Isiah Johnson or Quienten Bell on my Radar. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Why play the lottery when you could own a bank?

Because OBJ isn't a bank. He's a malcontent, diva player who invites drama everywhere he goes. Dude can't even get on the filed with out breaking rules for equipment. 

The Raiders are a losing franchise with a middling QB. Putting OBJ on this team will be about the same as putting OBJ on the Browns. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I will take OBJ over any WR in this class and it's not even close. 

But will you take the headaches that will come with him? The things he chooses to do on game day (watches, shoes, etc.) The cry baby fits he throws on the sidelines? The media attention he attracts off the filed?

As a player, he's electric. As a player and teammate... I'll take the draft. The Raiders are not in a win now situation to put his ego in a locker room. 

Further... I find it hysterical that you are a huge Carr apologist and now want to give him an elite talented WR to help him. I didn't think Carr needed an OBJ to be a successful QB?

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Because OBJ isn't a bank. He's a malcontent, diva player who invites drama everywhere he goes. Dude can't even get on the filed with out breaking rules for equipment. 

The Raiders are a losing franchise with a middling QB. Putting OBJ on this team will be about the same as putting OBJ on the Browns. 

OBJ is a beast. Top 3 WR in football when he doesn't have dog**** Baker Mayfield as his QB. Baker is trash has always been trash and always will be trash. 

I think he will be happy with Gruden. Carr isn't "middling". Gruden and Carr will get OBJ the ball and get it to him often. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

But will you take the headaches that will come with him? The things he chooses to do on game day (watches, shoes, etc.) The cry baby fits he throws on the sidelines? The media attention he attracts off the filed?

As a player, he's electric. As a player and teammate... I'll take the draft. The Raiders are not in a win now situation to put his ego in a locker room. 

Further... I find it hysterical that you are a huge Carr apologist and now want to give him an elite talented WR to help him. I didn't think Carr needed an OBJ to be a successful QB?

Short answer yes, but I also don't think that will be the case in Vegas but I also didn't expect AB to lose his **** either. 

The Raiders ARE 10000000000% in win now mode. '20 '21 and '22 right now is best window. 

I am a Carr REALIST and I have always said he DOES NEED an Elite WR to help him. Our offense requires making the first guy miss and YAC yards for days. Untalented WR have a hard time doing that. 

I believe if AB played this year we win the West and AB has close to 20TD REC with his skillset, Carr and Grudens offense. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hard no to OBJ. I’d take a few WRs in this class over him straight up. Why in the world would you trade for the second most headcase WR? And expensive to boot. Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb could provide similar production for much cheaper. 

You and most people project they can.

They could also be Carlos Rogers, Mike Williams, DHB, David Terrel, Corey Coleman, Kevin White or Justin Blackmon. 

OBJ is an elite WR we know that. I'll take the 15 million dollar price tag and the "baggage" he comes with. Winning cures all, and we are very very close to being perennial contenders. 

Was loving it til OBJ. I understand the reasoning and I'd welcome him but...3rd times the charm right. 3rd time we trade for a WR and OBJ's 3rd team and 3 Gruden's on the team once Jay joins Duce and Jon...