The Commitnent to Excellence Mock Draft

OG_C2X

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And Cooper played with post injury DC for 20 games which also skewed his stats a lot as I highlighted above. The majority of OBJ's production came early in his career but Carr supporters love to reference things that happened in 2016 and before to justify how good a player is so I understand.

Look at their stats over the last two seasons. 

OBJ: 151 receptions, 2,087 yards (14.2 avg), 10 TD

Cooper: 154 receptions, 2,194 yards (13.8 avg), 15 TD

To act like Cooper isn't anywhere near OBJ's level is absolutely comical. 

First, this argument has nothing to do with Carr on my part.

You brought up their stats over their whole career, i didn't. Now you're changing the sample because you were wrong. In your new sample you still fail to aknowledge Odell missed 4 games last season (don't get me started on playing with 38 years old Eli Manning and 2019 trash Baker Mayfield not skewing his stats like post injury Carr might have with Cooper). So Odell played 28 games over the last 2 years while Cooper played 31.

In your reality driven by facts, you badly need to check your facts.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

First, this argument has nothing to do with Carr on my part.

You brought up their stats over their whole career, i didn't. Now you're changing the sample because you were wrong. In your new sample you still fail to aknowledge Odell missed 4 games last season (don't get me started on playing with 38 years old Eli Manning and 2019 trash Baker Mayfield not skewing his stats like post injury Carr might have with Cooper). So Odell played 28 games over the last 2 years while Cooper played 31.

In your reality driven by facts, you badly need to check your facts.

Cooper's stats are also skewed because he had to play 6 games in 2018 with Derek Carr who refused to throw him the ball. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you take the averages of his 9 game sample and translate it into a 16 game sample. And as I said in the other thread, almost every 1,000+ yard, #1 WR, is just as inconsistent as Cooper. 

The bolded is called an extrapolation, not facts.

Can't you see Cooper has the lowest average/game in the other games of all the players you listed? What does that tell you?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cooper's stats are also skewed because he had to play 6 games in 2018 with Derek Carr who refused to throw him the ball. 

Let's agree to assume this is true for both. When Odell stats are skewed, he gets 1000+. When Cooper stats are skewed, he's nowhere near.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Let's agree to assume this is true for both. When Odell stats are skewed, he gets 1000+. When Cooper stats are skewed, he's nowhere near.

Hell if you look at it like this

Cooper's 25 games in Dallas: 132 receptions, 1,914 yards (14.5 average), 14 TD

OBJ's last 25 games: 139 receptions, 1,893 yards (13.6 average), 8 TD 

To sit here and act like Cooper is nowhere near OBJ is comical. Dude is a #1 WR without a doubt, just because Carr sucks and couldn't get him the ball doesn't mean he's not a good player.

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Can't you see Cooper has the lowest average/game in the other games of all the players you listed? What does that tell you?

Can't you see that Cooper was top 10 in yards and TD this season? He's in the same echelon as all of those guys and finished with more yards and TD than DeAndre Hopkins who was just named a 1st team All-Pro for crying out loud. 

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Cooper has had 1,000+ yards in 4 of his 5 seasons in the NFL... The only season he didn't put up 1,000+ yards was when he had a full season with post injury Derek Carr.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hell if you look at it like this

Cooper's 25 games in Dallas: 132 receptions, 1,914 yards (14.5 average), 14 TD

OBJ's last 25 games: 139 receptions, 1,893 yards (13.6 average), 8 TD 

To sit here and act like Cooper is nowhere near OBJ is comical. Dude is a #1 WR without a doubt, just because Carr sucks and couldn't get him the ball doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Here you go with your stupid sample again. Just find the week where Cooper went for 200+ yards and call it the right sample and you'll be able to call him the best WR ever. What's comical is how you don't even understand the discussion we're having. Are Cooper last 25 games part of what you called his skewed stats? No, you define that as having to play with Carr. Carr isn't throwing him the ball in Dallas. What i called Odell skewed stats was playing with Manning and Mayfield, that's the last 25 games. Take a second to think about that before you post another stupid answer please.

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Here you go with your stupid sample again. Just find the week where Cooper went for 200+ yards and call it the right sample and you'll be able to call him the best WR ever. What's comical is how you don't even understand the discussion we're having. Are Cooper last 25 games part of what you called his skewed stats? No, you define that as having to play with Carr. Carr isn't throwing him the ball in Dallas. What i called Odell skewed stats was playing with Manning and Mayfield, that's the last 25 games. Take a second to think about that before you post another stupid answer please.

Cooper has produced at an elite level since he got to Dallas, it's really just that simple buddy. If you compare his production in Dallas to any other WR over the same span he's without a doubt in the top 10 and very likely higher than that. 

At the end of the day my argument is and always has been that Cooper is a #1 WR. You don't produce like he has if you're not a #1 guy, unless there are only like 2 or 3 #1 WR in the entire NFL right now. 

Carr thumpers will go to any lengths to defend the guy. Just accept that he had a #1 WR in Cooper and couldn't get him the ball post injury because he plays scared and looks to get the ball out immediately. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr thumpers will go to any lengths to defend the guy. Just accept that he had a #1 WR in Cooper and couldn't get him the ball post injury because he plays scared and looks to get the ball out immediately. 

WTF didn't you understand about "this argument has nothing to do with Carr on my part"?

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

@NYRaider damn that was embarrassing. I am sorry @oakdb36 owned you so hard lol. You sound like a blubbering fool and keep getting proven wrong that was a fun read. 

What was embarrassing? That I posted statistics and neither @oakdb36 or @Frankie2Gunz could dispute them? 

People are saying that Cooper isn’t a #1 WR. He had more yards and TD than DeAndre Hopkins who was just named first team All Pro at WR...

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

WTF didn't you understand about "this argument has nothing to do with Carr on my part"?

My entire argument was that Cooper is a #1 WR who has produced at similar level to the other “elite” WR in the league. I’ve showed stats to back what I said. People such as yourself like to discredit Cooper as justification for Carr being a good player. It’s sad and Carr sucks. Once Cooper got a real QB dude started out producing first team all Pros but his last 20 games in Oakland averaged 48 yards per game. Sad.

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My entire argument was that Cooper is a #1 WR who has produced at similar level to the other “elite” WR in the league. I’ve showed stats to back what I said. People such as yourself like to discredit Cooper as justification for Carr being a good player. It’s sad and Carr sucks. Once Cooper got a real QB dude started out producing first team all Pros but his last 20 games in Oakland averaged 48 yards per game. Sad.

I don't give a F about what you think but let get it through your brain that none of what i said was about Carr.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't give a F about what you think but let get it through your brain that none of what i said was about Carr.

You're a Carr supporter that subconsciously has to take shots at Amari Cooper. Carr already had a true #1 WR and legit couldn't get him the ball so we had to trade him.