Rich7sena's Mock Offseason 3 *PAGE 6* (Brady to San Fran, Trent Williams trade added, 2 Rounds)

Rich7sena

NOTABLE CUTS

• Xavier Rhodes
  • Everson Griffen
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Andy Dalton
  • Linval Joseph
  • Prince Amukamara
  • Tyrone Crawford
  • Lemarcus Joyner
  • Delanie Walker
  • Sammy Watkins
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Trumaine Johnson
  • Jimmy Graham
  • Joe Flacco

NOTABLE FA

QB

• Drew Brees re-signs with New Orleans
  • Dak Prescott re-signs with Dallas
  • Tom Brady re-signs with New England
  • Ryan Tannehill re-signs with Tennessee
  • Phillip Rivers signs with Carolina
  • Jameis Winston re-signs with Tampa Bay
  • Teddy Bridgewater signs with Cincinnati
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick re-signs with Miami
  • Andy Dalton signs with Chicago

RB

• Derrick Henry re-signs with Tennessee
  • Melvin Gordon signs with Miami
  • Kenyan Drake re-signs with Arizona
  • Devonta Freeman signs with Las Vegas

WR/TE

• Amari Cooper re-signs with Dallas
  • AJ Green signs with Las Vegas
  • Austin Hooper signs with Green Bay
  • Hunter Henry re-signs with Los Angeles Chargers
  • Emmanuel Sanders signs with New England
  • Robby Anderson signs with Philadelphia
  • Breshad Perriman signs with Seattle

OL

• Anthony Castonzo signs with New York Jets
  • Brandon Scherff signs with New York Jets
  • Jack Conklin signs with Indianapolis
  • Joe Thuney re-signs with New England
  • Bryan Bulaga re-signs with Green Bay
  • Graham Glashow signs with New York Jets
  • D.J. Humphries re-signs with Arizona

DL

• Chris Jones signs with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Arik Armstead signs with Las Vegas
  • Leonard Williams signs with Miami
  • D.J. Reader re-signs with Houston
  • Javon Hargrave signs with Carolina
  • Shelby Harris signs with Los Angeles Chargers
  • Gerald McCoy signs with Dallas
  • Michael Brockers signs with Arizona
  • Ndamukong Suh signs with Seattle

Edge

• Jadeveon Clowney re-signs with Seattle
  • Yannick Ngakoue signs with Buffalo Bills
  • Dante Fowler signs with New York Jets
  • Shaq Barrett re-signs with Tampa Bay
  • Bud Dupree signs with Tennessee
  • Matt Judon re-signs with Baltimore
  • Everson Griffen signs with Los Angeles Rams
  • Robert Quinn signs with New York Giants

LB

• Corey Littleton signs with New York Giants
  • Kyle Van Noy signs with Miami
  • Jamie Collins signs with Arizona

CB

• Byron Jones signs with Las Vegas
  • James Bradberry signs with Washington
  • Chris Harris signs with Philadelphia
  • Trae Waynes signs with Houston
  • Xavier Rhodes signs with New York Giants

S

• Justin Simmons re-signs with Denver
  • Anthony Harris re-signs with Minnesota
  • Ha Ha Clinton Dix signs with Dallas

NOTABLE TRADES

• Carolina trades Cam Newton & 2020 1st round pick to Los Angeles Chargers for 2020 1st round pick, 2020 3rd round pick, and 2021 second-round pick.

• Jacksonville trades Nick Foles, 2020 2nd round, & 2020 6th round pick to Indianapolis for 2020 4th round pick

• Arizona trades David Johnson to Houston for 2020 4th round pick.

DRAFT

Round 1

1. Cincinnati Bengals select Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Washington Redskins select Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State

3. Detroit Lions select Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State

4. New York Giants select CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

5. Miami Dolphins select Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

6. Carolina Panthers select Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

7. Los Angeles Chargers select Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

8. Arizona Cardinals select Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

9. Jacksonville Jaguars select Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

10. Cleveland Browns select Jedrick Wills, OL, Alabama

11. New York Jets select Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

12. Oakland Raiders select Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson

13. Indianapolis Colts select Derek Brown, DL, Auburn

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama

15. Denver Broncos select Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

16. Atlanta Falcons select AJ Epenesa, Edge, Iowa

17. Dallas Cowboys select Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama

18. Miami Dolphins select Yatur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State

19. Oakland Raiders select Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

20. Jacksonville Jaguars select D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

21. Philadelphia Eagles select CJ Henderson, CB, Florida

22. Tennessee Titans select Austin Jackson, OT, USC

23. Buffalo Bills select Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

24. Minnesota Vikings select Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

25. Miami Dolphins select Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisconsin

26. Seattle Seahawks select Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

27. New England Patriots select Curtis Weaver, Edge, Boise State

28. Green Bay Packers select Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

29. Kansas City Chiefs select Jevon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina

30. New Orleans Saints select Grant Delpit, S, LSU

31. San Francisco 49ers select Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

32. Baltimore Ravens select Marvin Wilson, DL, Florida State

Edited by Rich7sena

Pretty awful offseason for Denver. Resigning Simmons is a must (he will probably be tagged), but not resing either Harris and not being able to sign any of the top OLs names even with all the cap Denver will have this offseason it will be a letdown if this happens.

I like the Diggs pick, tho I would prefer Ruggs at that spot.

Edited by BowserBroncos

I'm confused.....

We swap QB's with Carolina (never going to happen), but what is the point of the pick swap (that wasn't even reflected in the draft portion), since it's only 2 spots difference...

I don't see them banking a whole lot on Cam Newton, and I think that if they aren't going to draft a QB, then theyre going to roll with the short term answer of Tyrod, until they can get a long term solution.

Also, where exactly is the money going? We lost Gordon, Rivers, and would have ~$60m in cap space, and the only thing they use it for is to resign Henry and sign a backup DL?  I get they have other contracts, but yeah no....

This would be a full disaster of a chargers offesason.

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

Pretty awful offseason for Denver. Resigning Simmons is a must (he will probably be tagged), but not resing either Harris and not being able to sign any of the top OLs names even with all the cap Denver will have this offseason it will be a letdown if this happens.

I like the Diggs pick, tho I would prefer Ruggs at that spot.

I toiled between Ruggs and Diggs for the Denver pick. The depth at receiving broke the tie.

1 hour ago, Duffman57 said:

I'm confused.....

We swap QB's with Carolina (never going to happen), but what is the point of the pick swap (that wasn't even reflected in the draft portion), since it's only 2 spots difference...

I don't see them banking a whole lot on Cam Newton, and I think that if they aren't going to draft a QB, then theyre going to roll with the short term answer of Tyrod, until they can get a long term solution.

Also, where exactly is the money going? We lost Gordon, Rivers, and would have ~$60m in cap space, and the only thing they use it for is to resign Henry and sign a backup DL?  I get they have other contracts, but yeah no....

This would be a full disaster of a chargers offesason.

Well, obviously I see things differently. Cam Newton to Los Angeles makes sense for a number of reasons:

• If healthy, Cam Newton is among the top players at the position.
  • The Chargers are seeking to rebuild their fanbase and actually have home games in 2021; adding a superstar player like Newton can help attract new fans and/or fans the player.
  • The Chargers have a win-now roster and Tyrod Taylor is not in the caliber of players who can make the team sincerely competitive.

Rivers to Carolina makes sense because he is from the South and played in North Carolina. Further, Carolina has a similar glut of offensive weapons as he had in Los Angeles with a better offensive line.

I don't know where you found the opinion that Hargrave is a backup player. He's a starter for Pittsburgh and would start in Los Angeles.

The pick swap makes sense because any team would gladly move up one spot if given the opportunity. Also, thank you for noticing the mistake.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Jags get no FA's and draft a QB not worth a top 10 pick and a RB in the top 20.

Interesting...

The opinion that Eason isn't worth a top 10 pick is just that, an opinion. I happen to think otherwise and believe I will be proven right come draft night. Swift makes sense because the Jaguars play in a division with two Swift-like players in Kamara and McCaffrey. They know better than most teams that a multi-faceted running back can change the dynamic of an offense.

The Jaguars are in a perilous cap situation and there are more attractive landing spots. Not all free agents are represented (never gets old saying this every year).

36 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

cool with aj in the 1st but Hooper will be back with atlanta we are already working on his contract according to dimitroff supposedly. He's the 1 guy i would be extremely surprised if we let go as much as we value him.

I always do a cursory search to get an idea of whether a player will re-sign. Usually, the player's perspective tends to be most informative to what ends up happening. Based on that, I have Hooper not re-signing. Also, the Falcons aren't in a great cap situation.

Edited by Rich7sena

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I toiled between Ruggs and Diggs for the Denver pick. The depth at receiving broke the tie.

Well, obviously I see things differently. Cam Newton to Los Angeles makes sense for a number of reasons:

• The Chargers are seeking to rebuild their fanbase and actually have home games in 2021; adding a superstar player like Newton can help attract new fans and/or fans the player.
  • The Chargers have a win-now roster and Tyrod Taylor is not in the caliber of players who can make the team sincerely competitive.

Rivers to Carolina makes sense because he is from the South and played in North Carolina. Further, Caroline has a similar glut of offensive weapons as he had in Los Angeles with a better offensive line.

I don't know where you found the opinion that Hargrave is a backup player. He's a starter for Pittsburgh and would start in Los Angeles.

The pick swap makes sense because any team would gladly move up one spot if given the opportunity. Also, thank you for noticing the mistake.

The opinion that Eason isn't worth a top 10 pick is just that, an opinion. I happen to think otherwise and believe I will be proven right come draft night. Swift makes sense because the Jaguars play in a division with two Swift-like players in Kamara and McCaffrey. They know better than most teams that a multi-faceted running back can change the dynamic of an offense.

The Jaguars are in a perilous cap situation and there are more attractive landing spots. Not all free agents are represented (never gets old saying this every year).

I always do a cursory search to get an idea of whether a player will re-sign. Usually, the player's perspective tends to be most informative to what ends up happening. Based on that, I have Hooper not re-signing. Also, the Falcons aren't in a great cap situation.

The Jaguars are in the AFC South, not the NFC South.

The Jaguars just kept the GM and HC that love Minshew and we still have a 20M Foles on the book. I don't expect to see a GM/HC overdrafting a rookie QB when they're in win now mode.

They also have Fournette who was too 5 in all purpose yards and a rookie in Armstead who played solid when given opportunities. I see the likelihood of a RB top 20 as slim to none.

18 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Depth of the class or team depth? After Sutton we have guys that are just there to fill the roster. Hamilton and Patrick make some plays, but can't be count on.

For CB, hopefully with a healthy season from Bryce Callahan and more learning under Fangio for Devontae Harris and Isaac Yiadom we will have better depth at CB than WR, tho we will probably still need to add another guy to start, either at FA or draft.

My hope we find a CB in FA or 2nd round. Ruggs fit with Lock is too good to pass.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The Jaguars are in the AFC South, not the NFC South.

The Jaguars just kept the GM and HC that love Minshew and we still have a 20M Foles on the book. I don't expect to see a GM/HC overdrafting a rookie QB when they're in win now mode.

They also have Fournette who was too 5 in all purpose yards and a rookie in Armstead who played solid when given opportunities. I see the likelihood of a RB top 20 as slim to none.

My fault I don’t know why I mixed up the NFC and AFC south. Either way, I like swift the first the Jags. Fournette is top 5 in all purpose yards not because he is a proficient receiver but because they throw to him. He can catch, but he’s not a potent route runner out of the backfield. I believe Swift can be an offense defining player ala the players I mentioned.

In this scenario I have the Jags trading Foles to the Colts. Like I said before, I expect Eason to go top 10 so ironist a difference of opinion. I don’t think Minshew would stop the Jaguars from taking him if their evaluation is anywhere close to mine.

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

If the Falcons don't resign Hooper out of cap reasons, then they're going to end up spending a premium draft pick on a Tight End, in a draft where they need so much help on defense - so you might as well resign him. Good tight ends are so difficult to come by, when you have one, you have to hold onto them. The Falcons can still restructure some guys to get some needed cap relief, if necessary.

18 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Depth of the class or team depth? After Sutton we have guys that are just there to fill the roster. Hamilton and Patrick make some plays, but can't be count on.

For CB, hopefully with a healthy season from Bryce Callahan and more learning under Fangio for Devontae Harris and Isaac Yiadom we will have better depth at CB than WR, tho we will probably still need to add another guy to start, either at FA or draft.

My hope we find a CB in FA or 2nd round. Ruggs fit with Lock is too good to pass.

Depth in the class. For instance, I like Brandon Aiyuk a little more than Ruggs from what I've seen and he should go no higher than the second round. Also, when Kansas City is in your division, quality corners are gold.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

My fault I don’t know why I mixed up the NFC and AFC south. Either way, I like swift the first the Jags. Fournette is top 5 in all purpose yards not because he is a proficient receiver but because they throw to him. He can catch, but he’s not a potent route runner out of the backfield. I believe Swift can be an offense defining player ala the players I mentioned.

In this scenario I have the Jags trading Foles to the Colts. Like I said before, I expect Eason to go top 10 so ironist a difference of opinion. I don’t think Minshew would stop the Jaguars from taking him if their evaluation is anywhere close to mine.

I'm not saying Fournette is perfect but we were last in run defense, have a serious LT/RG problem, no TE, Chark and a bunch of "guys" at WR, and a need for a Ramsey replacement. With all that Minshew won 6 games and statistically was just as good if not better than most rookies this year.

Yet we're going to take a QB and a RB.

I don't see it. I guess if you're in love with Eason I can see why you do it but given the Jags FO/coaching situation I don't think they're taking a developmental QB top 10, nor a RB when that's not even a need (if you just think we need a certain type of back with him you can find a solid guy in round 3/4+).

27 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Rivers to Carolina makes sense because he is from the South and played in North Carolina. Further, Carolina has a similar glut of offensive weapons as he had in Los Angeles with a better offensive line.

Except that you have Shelby Harris as the DL you're projecting the Chargers to sign, not Hargrave (who you're projecting to Carolina).

And "excitement over the team" isn't what's largely responsible for the low home support turnout for the Chargers.  Now, granted, Spanos and the people he surrounds him with aren't very introspective so they may well convince themselves that it is, but the biggest reason (which doesn't look like it will be changing with the move to SoFi) for the lack of homefield advantage is the utterly indiscriminate sale of tickets.  Spanos isn't very liquid and the money for that relocation fee the league assessed in order to move the team had to be accounted for somewhere on the ledger.  Average cost to attend a Chargers game this season (before even accounting for the $20 non-tailgate parking, $16-20 beers, ticket agency chargers - because God knows we have to charge extra to give people hard tickets these days and the other edge of that sword is charging a fee to the ticketing agency like AXS to get digital tickets through their app, etc.) was $150-200 per person... for the cheap seats... in a soccer stadium.  The issue with the indiscriminate bit is that there is a ton of resale of Chargers tickets that goes on to people coming in from out of town.  I know multiple Rams fans who subsidized the cost of their own season tickets because they bought Chargers season tickets and resold them at a markup to visiting fans.

The "bring in Cam Newton because he might be a top player if he's healthy (which he hasn't been in quite a while)" is really one small step from "draft whatever QB is coming out of USC regardless of whether he's good or not because name recognition will get the ignorant masses through the gates."  Again, granted, it's the same sort of reductionist, actually-insulting-the-intelligence-of-the-local-fans brand of logic that Spanos has utilized since entering the LA market.