Rich7sena's Mock Offseason 3 *PAGE 6* (Brady to San Fran, Trent Williams trade added, 2 Rounds)

Rich7sena

I believe Clowney will demand a much bigger payday than someone like Hooper would though. Not that Clowney wouldn't be very good, but if your argument against Hooper is "10 million is too much", then that holds true against Clowney as well - pass rushers get paid on the open market.

Getting a quality pass rusher on the rookie wage scale is also important for that reason, much moreso than a quality tight end. Plus I think after Kittle gets paid and completely obliterates the market for Tight Ends, Hooper at 10 mil/year will look cheap.

Edited by Hukos

10 hours ago, Hukos said:

I believe Clowney will demand a much bigger payday than someone like Hooper would though. Not that Clowney wouldn't be very good, but if your argument against Hooper is "10 million is too much", then that holds true against Clowney as well - pass rushers get paid on the open market.

Getting a quality pass rusher on the rookie wage scale is also important for that reason, much moreso than a quality tight end. Plus I think after Kittle gets paid and completely obliterates the market for Tight Ends, Hooper at 10 mil/year will look cheap.

Im not arguing against Hooper i think you are misunderstanding that.  Im the one who said hooper should be signed to begin with and told rich that already.  Even told him it would be around 10 mil a year with the 1st years cap hit being around 5 or 6 mil.  Im saying if you could get a quality DE for around 12 to 14 compared to Hoopers TE would you rather have the DE over the TE.   If you could only choose 1 of the 2 at those prices and i had both available to me i would probably go DE just based on how valuable the position is. 

Edited by FalconFan13

13 hours ago, J_E_T_$ said:

As a jets fan, I would love the free agent signings, but I don't think we will be this active.  

I don't think in a really deep WR class the jets would use a 1st round pick on a WR when they have so many other needs.  The best of available OT, Edge, CB would be the pick. 

Nice work, a lot of effort

Jacksonville will not get anything close to this if they tried to trade him.  Foles isn't any better the Brissett, why would they want to lock into Foles huge salary.

Im not sure why the Raiders would sign him unless it was on a hugely discounted contract.  

I think Lamb and Jeudy are a cut above the rest of the receivers in this class and won't be affected by its depth. Guys like Ruggs, Higgins, and Shenault will be more affected.

Also, I fixed the Foles trade. I meant it for the Jaguars to trade Foles and two second-rounders to the Colts for something--like a fourth-rounder. I changed it to look exactly like the Cleveland Osweiler trade.

Freeman is coming off his worst on-field showing. He will likely sign for no more than $4 million a year--probably closer to $3 million. Plus, the Raiders have a good amount of cap room this offseason.

Edited by Rich7sena

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not arguing against Hooper i think you are misunderstanding that.  Im the one who said hooper should be signed to begin with and told rich that already.  Even told him it would be around 10 mil a year with the 1st years cap hit being around 5 or 6 mil.  Im saying if you could get a quality DE for around 12 to 14 compared to Hoopers TE would you rather have the DE over the TE.   If you could only choose 1 of the 2 at those prices and i had both available to me i would probably go DE just based on how valuable the position is. 

I understand, but I'm saying that if money is your concern, I think it'd be better to get a quality pass rusher under a rookie contract than it is to sign a free agent pass rusher. Pass rushers get paid right now. We joke about Vic Beasley being terrible, but I guarantee you someone is going to drop some cash on him this offseason thinking they can turn him into a stud.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, Rich7sena said:

Green Bay Packers select Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker back in 2002.  Meanwhile, they have Javon Kinlaw available who is BPA and fits a need.  Easy pick there.

AJ Green is not going anywhere as a free agent.  They will tag him and try to extend him.  The only way he is anywhere other than Cincinnati is by trade.

I'm ok with Teddy as a mentor/backup.  But that means Dalton was traded.  It'd be nice to know what we got for him.

If we don't sign a free agent LB or OL at all, I'll be quite disappointed.  With the cap room they will have they will be able to do it.  Especially if Dalton is gone.  But they have disappointed me before.  LOL

As for the draft, yep.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:30 AM, Rich7sena said:

NOTABLE TRADES

• Jacksonville trades Nick Foles, 2020 2nd round, & 2020 6th round pick to Indianapolis for 2020 4th round pick

DRAFT

Round 1

17. Dallas Cowboys select Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama

Neither of those two things make any sense. You’re literally having Jacksonville pay Indianapolis to take Foles, and Dallas already has Cooper (whom you have re-signing with them) and Michael Gallup as the starting WRs. Why use a 1st round pick on another WR when you have them losing a starting DE and starting CB? Plus, they need help across the d-line, so I fail to see the logic on a WR so early.