Rich7sena's Mock Offseason 3 *PAGE 6* (Brady to San Fran, Trent Williams trade added, 2 Rounds)

Rich7sena

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Pittsburgh Steelers select Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia

NO!  Zero chance that they draft a QB in this draft. Dobbins would be a better pick.  Still not what the Steelers will do but better.  IOL or DT are the best bets.  Cushenberry or Justin Madubuike would work.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, Chops013 said:

So we can get rid of his awful contract.

lol foles is not that bad of a player nor is he untradeable.  The Jags even with his contract could offer him to a team for a 6th to 7th round pick and some team would take it on giving the jags a late pick back not them having to give up more value to move him.

So the Pats lose Collins and Van Noy in free agency plus trade away Hightower? That makes no sense whatsoever, never mind the fact that you also have them cutting Chung when S is one of their biggest needs and their other starter, D McCourty, could also walk during FA.

Kansas City trades Chris Jones to Seattle for #27.

Not nearly enough. They might do a sign and trade on Jones. They might trade up for Kinlaw, given Jones is gone. Even Kinlaw is not enough, by himself, for Chris Jones.  Just have them pick Blacklock and stop dancing so much. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk

Don’t like it for the Browns, don’t like the Hightower trade, hate taking a WR at 10. If all the top tackles are gone the best defensive player available should be the pick in this case Derrick Brown. The  Ezra Cleveland is meh rather use one of the picks in the Hightower trade to move up for Jones or Jackson.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, Rich7sena said:

Melvin Gordon signs with New England

That's never going to happen. They have zero need at RB and if they do they have a boat load of 3rd rd picks. Also cap space is needed for other positions.

New England (f/Detroit v/Miami) select Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

So call  Draft experts have a unknown QB every year. Did you see him at combine, he stunk.  He had what 17 ITs against basically HS quality football. Pats have no youth and many starters on their last legs with big bucks.

New England trades Dont’a Hightower to Cleveland for #74 and #105.

I don't like trading DH, but I think your right, he has to go, old, expensive and injury prone. You can guarantee if Brady leaves, all vets will be up for auction. Jules  is gone in a trade to the team that takes Brady. We have no 4th round pick!

Lastly, one hell of a job on draft. Thanks

Much more likely free agency.  I hope we can squeeze more for Dalton in a trade, but in the end, you are in the right neighborhood.  Burrow is the right choice.  I'm not sold on going iOL at this point n the second, but literally every guy I would like to see fall to 33 doesn't fall.  I would hope we would try to trade back with a team like Chicago, with us giving 33 and 65 for their two second rounders.  Then I'd go with two out of the group of Harrison/Wilson/Higgins/Arnette.  If they stay put at 33, then anything goes.

Going to go all over the board here so bear with me.

Let's start with the FA Signings:
  49ers like Jimmy G so I do not think they sign Brady
  NE does NOT need a RB and will not pay the cost to get Gordon
  I like the signing of Johnson to HOU, think that is realistic
  Love the signing of Thuney by the Dolphins, but I do not know that NE will let him go. anything is possible though.
  Conklin to the Jets, I think is a good signing as well.
  Don't think Jones re-signs with KC and gets traded, but is Taged by KC and traded.
  Collins to Mia is not a bad signing, But surprised you did not have them sign Van Noy, seems like everyone else thinks that.
Trades:
  Don't think 49ers trade Jimy G, even if they sign Brady.  Brady would be a 1-2 year filler and then 49ers would be without a QB
  Slay to Mia for #39 pick.  I think DET is going to ask for more, but I agree that is what he is worth
  Williams to CLV.  Don't think the Browns will give two 2nd rounders for a player on the downside of his career.  Maybe a 2nd and 4th?

Don't see Miami trading their top two picks to move up 2 spots.  I would say 5 an #39, but you have us already trading #39.  
    So I would say  #5, #56, and a second or third rounder in 2021.
  Do not see NE trading up to get Love, not a NE type of player.  NE looks for Football Smarts over Physical Attributes
    From everything I am reading and seeing, Love has the Physical traits, but not as good with the FB smarts as the others.

Draft:
  Let's say that FA and trades happen the way you say for sake of argument.

First 9 are good.
  CLV I think would go after Brown (DL) over a WR
  Which mean Las Vegas would take CeeDee Lamb
  NE, I don't think goes Love as stated above, but goes BPA
  If what I said before about CLV and LV happens, then Ruggs goes to PHI
  Love the pick of Jones to Miami
  Now people I do not see falling to the 2nd round:
    Gross-Matos
    McKinney
    Possibly Diggs
    Epenesa
    Delpit
  PIT is not taking Fromm in the 2nd, they would go Cushenberry or Epenesa if still there

All-in-all, not a back Mock.  Definitely different.

So the Jags open up 20M with Dareus as well as trade the only guy needing a contract leaving us with 30-40M+ in cap and we don't do anything?

Think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the Jaguars in FA. Word has it we'll be active.