Bears 2020 Off season thread (Draft, FA)

malagabears

56 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Depends on what they want. You seriously think they'll demand a high pick?

You would NOT be excited to have a healthy Alex Smith on the Bears roster?

Seriously?

Smith was not that great before he was hurt and had a crazy serious injury at an old age for football.

Same with Newton for that matter.  Though Newton isn't old.  

I'd take Mariota or Foles over either.  Not that they are setting world on fire.  

Pass.

31 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Smith was not that great before he was hurt and had a crazy serious injury at an old age for football.

Same with Newton for that matter.  Though Newton isn't old.  

I'd take Mariota or Foles over either.  Not that they are setting world on fire.  

Pass.

Newton's an *******, so if you're adding that to the fragile Bears locker room in the near future, it's probably not a good thing. 

14 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Thoughts?

Just checked out Smith's contract numbers on Spotrac, so there's no way you guys release him with that much dead cap in 2020 right?

I think if Washington are willing to trade him for a low draft pick then Nagy would love to have him in Chicago.

43 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

Just checked out Smith's contract numbers on Spotrac, so there's no way you guys release him with that much dead cap in 2020 right?

I think if Washington are willing to trade him for a low draft pick then Nagy would love to have him in Chicago.

Yeah, it’d be a $32mm cap hit if we released him. If we trade him, we’d have to eat $16mm of his signing bonus, which is a lot more bearable. 

I honestly think we might even give you guys a low round pick in a trade to get him off our books lol. I hope he’s healthy and we can make it happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, it’d be a $32mm cap hit if we released him. If we trade him, we’d have to eat $16mm of his signing bonus, which is a lot more bearable. 

I honestly think we might even give you guys a low round pick in a trade to get him off our books lol. I hope he’s healthy and we can make it happen. 

Yeah if we can get him for peanuts like that, I can absolutely see him in Chicago next season if we can find the cap room - that could be tough though.

Count me in the camp who would be all for it as well. I know he didn't look great in Washington but in his 2017 season with Nagy in KC he was brilliant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What would be the salary we are taking on if we do a trade for him? I can't imagine us ponying up anything significant to get him here next year.

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I have read in one spot that the Redskins have injury insurance on the deal and might be able to move on with a lesser cap hit.

https://overthecap.com/the-redskins-options-with-alex-smith/

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report

Chicago Bears — The Bears don't own a first-rounder after trading for linebacker Khalil Mack in 2018 but do have two selections in the second round: picks No. 43 and 50 overall. Tight end, offensive line and cornerback were listed as the team's biggest needs from a scouting source with the club. Quarterback was not mentioned as a priority.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report

Chicago Bears — The Bears don't own a first-rounder after trading for linebacker Khalil Mack in 2018 but do have two selections in the second round: picks No. 43 and 50 overall. Tight end, offensive line and cornerback were listed as the team's biggest needs from a scouting source with the club. Quarterback was not mentioned as a priority.

TE, OL, and CB are 100 percent accurate. 

I don't see how OLB isn't higher than corner.

What is with this organization and their Leonard Floyd love?

Our pass rush was a problem this year teams are realizing that all they have to do is take Mack away, with however many that takes to do. 

Edit also regarding qb... I have yet to see a QB I'd draft from this class beyond Burrow. None of the 2nd round range guys interest me at all unless Tua slips AND he gets thoroughly checked/cleared by good doctors (and in skeptical of the teams' abilities to do that properly, theyvve been missing on big ones lately from the roster and the draft) 

Edited by Epyon

35 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I don't see how OLB isn't higher than corner.

What is with this organization and their Leonard Floyd love?

Our pass rush was a problem this year teams are realizing that all they have to do is take Mack away, with however many that takes to do. 

Edit also regarding qb... I have yet to see a QB I'd draft from this class beyond Burrow. None of the 2nd round range guys interest me at all unless Tua slips AND he gets thoroughly checked/cleared by good doctors (and in skeptical of the teams' abilities to do that properly, theyvve been missing on big ones lately from the roster and the draft) 

They must think Hicks being back will prove great results for Mack again and hence take pressure off of Floyd. Then again, Pagano didn't really have Floyd rushing much, so who knows?

43 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They must think Hicks being back will prove great results for Mack again and hence take pressure off of Floyd. Then again, Pagano didn't really have Floyd rushing much, so who knows?

That's because he's bright enough to know there is little point to that.