Sam Wyche Passes

Beck Bristow

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sam-wyche-who-coached-bengals-to-their-last-super-bowl-appearance-dies-at-74-203725287.html

He was "my coach" when I was a kid.  Still has one of the best moments, his take down of Cleveland. RIP

I obviously have a different perspective 😂, but that’s exactly what every fan base loves to hear from their coach.

It’s a “he’s one of us” moment.

Condolences to his fam.

• Like 1

Saddening news

Godspeed to him, and peace to his family.

He may not have won every game, but he definitely made things fun around here. From the Super Bowl, to the "You don’t live in Cleveland line against the Seahawks, to the interview he did in a towel trying to gain a little privacy for his players, you could never say he was dull.

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1

Sad news for sure.

Sam was an innovative coach - IIRC he was the father of the Sugar Huddle. And he certainly upped the ante in the Browns-Bengals series with his famous "You don't live in Cleveland, You live in Cincinnati!" rant.

Respect from the Dawg Pound. Prayers to the family.

• Like 1

Was the Bengals coach from when I was ages 3-10, the period in my life where I fell in love with football, and took my favorite team to a Super Bowl where it took 2 legends doing legendary things against them to not get the victory.  Will always have a soft spot for Sam Wyche, may he rest in peace.

• Like 1