Wild Card Weekend: New Orleans Saints (13-3) vs. Minnesota Vikings (10-6): Welcome to the madness

Canadian Saint

45 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

We need a Saints forum general thread because i don't know where else to put this. Just watched the highlights of the Titans/Ravens game and Kenny V had an all hands INT on an out route -- if the Titans complete this Cinderella story of theirs I'm gonna be very happy for him seeing as how he was on the cusp of not being able to find a team/role after the Saints released him because the Safety market is a weird one (+ I remember him looking like he'd been zapped of any speed he used to have in his last few seasons with the Saints). We also have Stills with the Texans if anyone's keeping tabs on former Saints on teams still in the playoffs.

Vacarro seems like a good dude.  And I'd rather see Titans or Houston win than 49ers/Packers for the 17th time.  

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Of the teams that lost at home in the playoffs, at least the Saints took it the distance! Could be worse, too. Could have pulled a Texans and be up 24-0 only to lose 31-51. How does that even happen?

Chiefs and Mahomes are going to be doing this to the league for a long time me thinks

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

I don't know if the Salary cap logistics will work out, but I hope we retain Janoris Jenkins next year.

He made an immediate impact. I don't know the stats, but it seemed to me that QBs were quicker to throw to Lattimore than Jenkins.

15 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

He made an immediate impact. I don't know the stats, but it seemed to me that QBs were quicker to throw to Lattimore than Jenkins.

I think what you will see is the Saints and Jenkins agree to an extension that lowers that 11 million cap number for next season. Jenkins has said he wants to stay and he did play at a high level in the playoff loss. With the likely hood of seeing P-Rob, Apple and PJ all shown the door this offseason, I doubt they let Jackrabbit walk too.

• Like 1