Cowboys fire HC Jason Garrett

Manny/Patrick

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bill P loved Jones and still raves about him as an owner today. He left because he said he didnt have it in him to grind another season. Calvert is full of haterade.

You who defend Jones on everything and hold him accountable for nothing? Tell me again how much playoff success we've had since Jimmy's team was butchered by him and Switzer?

No he did not have total control. I even showed you the article where he straight up said Jerry had final say on everything. 

I'm sure you and tvscout are devastated by this news. Cause we were gonna win a SB with him anyway now right?

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

Eric Bieniemy is the best option for the Cowboys imo. Dude is a no bull**** coach and would get the most out of Elliott. Just pair him with a savvy OC and a veteran DC.

You can have Carmichael for OC. Jones would probably love to have him and I think Payton needs a new set of eyes on things.

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:
15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bill P loved Jones and still raves about him as an owner today. He left because he said he didnt have it in him to grind another season. Calvert is full of haterade.

You who defend Jones on everything and hold him accountable for nothing? Tell me again how much playoff success we've had since Jimmy's team was butchered by him and Switzer?

No he did not have total control. I even showed you the article where he straight up said Jerry had final say on everything. 

I'm sure you and tvscout are devastated by this news. Cause we were gonna win a SB with him anyway now right?

You no read good. You try read better. 

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

This entire saga reminds me of Japanese culture, and how sometimes you'll get a going-away party after you leave your job. Not sure that applies if you are fired though. 

The media found out about Jason being gone on Sunday. But he wasnt fired. His contract is running out. Which is the same thing Dallas beat reporters and Fans have been saying was going to happen for like a month now. 

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kinda odd that with only 4 Winning seasons in 10 years, Garrett is somehow 2nd in Total Wins in Cowboys History behind Tom Landry?

Because he only had 2 (?) losing seasons in 10 years. 

Report: If not “overwhelmed” by other candidates, Cowboys may have kept Jason Garrett

The curious part:

"

A source with knowledge of the dynamics told PFT on Tuesday that Jerry Jones had planned to pursue Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, as some had speculated.

With the Vikings winning and McCarthy drawing interest elsewhere, the Cowboys apparently decided not to risk losing McCarthy by waiting for a chance to choose between a pair of Mikes from the NFC North."

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-not-overwhelmed-other-candidates-113458131.html