George Kittle Appreciation Thread

y2lamanaki

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's on his own tier imo. Kelce has the longevity but he has never been as dominant, in both the run and the pass. He's the most complete TE in the league. And if he could ever get through a season remotely healthy for all 16 games again, he's going to smash his own record...

Just now, 757-NINER said:

He's on his own tier imo. Kelce has the longevity but he has never been as dominant, in both the run and the pass. He's the most complete TE in the league. And if he could ever get through a season remotely healthy for all 16 games again, he's going to smash his own record...

He deserves wide receiver money. Not even a question in my mind. If we give him Michael Thomas' contract, I'm fine with it (19.25/yr aav). Julio makes more on an annual basis, but older player with shorter term. 

Just to put that in perspective, the highest AAV for a tight end right now is Jimmie Graham, 10m/yr. Kelce is at about 9.5 / yr. Kittle could double that and I wouldn't have a problem with it in the least. It's been a long time for a big tight end contract. 

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago, Robert Mays and Kevin Clark did their football awards. While both mostly agreed that Michael Thomas was the most valuable non quarterback, Mays actually gave his award for most non valuable quarterback in the league to George Kittle. I thought that was cool. 

Also, what kittle says to Sanders at the end of the first video is what I have been saying all year. These guys lost so many close games the last few years that they know the value of a win. This team has approached every game this season like it's the last game. They've left it all out on the field every week. 

Kittles attitude and mindset is contagious. He's the Steph curry of our team in the sense that one kittle katch is all it takes to get the whole team, the whole fanbase HYPED. 

I CANT WAIT FOR THE FIRST PLAYOFF GAME IN LEVIS HISTORY

• Like 1

OJ Howard

Evan Engram

David Njoku

Gerald Everett

Adam Shaheen

Johnny Smith

Michael Roberts

Jake Butt

Sometimes it pays to be lucky rather than good. Those were the TEs taken before Kittle. The first three were really good prospects IMO so you can't fault any of those teams for those selections. I was big on Howard myself. Even Butt, who got hurt leading up to the draft but was a prospect who if healthy, would have been considered a 2nd rounder at least. And all of those first three players have shown flashes and still have great potential. But I don't think anyone, including our own brass thought a run-blocking TE from Iowa who caught a few passes, would become the offensive terror that he is today. I know we didn't because we wouldn't have waited until the 5th round to grab him and made drafting a RB a priority over him. From a athletic profile, he definitely fit the bill. But there wasn't enough film or production from him as a pass-catcher that you could envision him turning into a All-World TE at the next level. Sometimes the stars just align and you strike gold...pun intended

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

I think our scouts saw talent at Iowa, but they just couldn't tell which of Kittle or Beathard actually sucked and brought the other one down, statistically. So we drafted both. And now we know. It wasn't Kittle who sucked.

• Like 2