2019 All-Pro Team Results

M.10.E

Just now, .Buzz said:

Lambo has missed 4 times in total in 3 years.

He doesn't get the recognition but he's been right there since he got here.

He finished 2nd team all pro, how is that not getting the recognition he deserved? If he wanted first team All Pro he needed to CLEARLY knock off the champ. He did not.

Whats more he’s missed 8x in total. He’s missed one extra point this season, one last and two the year before. In the time span you mention he’s gone 131/139 (94.2%) on total kicks.

Tucker in the same time span has gone 229/240 (95.4%) in total kicks. Tucker has double the volume of kicks over that span, has 16 more 40+ kick attempts and 4 more 50+ kick attempts. So in both efficiency and production he’s done a lot more.

So miss me with the notion that Lambo deserves more credit than Tucker when he’s failed to do enough to clearly knock Tucker off the throne.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

He finished 2nd team all pro, how is that not getting the recognition he deserved? If he wanted first team All Pro he needed to CLEARLY knock off the champ. He did not.

Whats more he’s missed 8x in total. He’s missed one extra point this season, one last and two the year before. In the time span you mention he’s gone 131/139 (94.2%) on total kicks.

Tucker in the same time span has gone 229/240 (95.4%) in total kicks. Tucker has double the volume of kicks over that span, has 16 more 40+ kick attempts and 4 more 50+ kick attempts. So in both efficiency and production he’s done a lot more.

So miss me with the notion that Lambo deserves more credit than Tucker when he’s failed to do enough to clearly knock Tucker off the throne.

I never said he was the best. But acting as if Lambo hasn't been right up there as an elite kicker for a few years is a ridiculous notion. He shouldn't need to clearly head and shoulder need to be way better statistically. It's not like he came out of no where here, nor is this year's award about a culmination of years in the first place.

I'd take the year Lambo had over the year Tucker had, pure and simple. Which is the point.

Edited by .Buzz

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never said he was the best. But acting as if Lambo hasn't been right up there as an elite kicker for a few years is a ridiculous notion. He shouldn't need to clearly head and shoulder need to be way better statistically. It's not like he came out of no where here, nor is this year's award about a culmination of years in the first place.

I'd take the year Lambo had over the year Tucker had, pure and simple. Which is the point.

That’s fine and clearly some of the voters agreed with you.

But you said Lambo was BETTER this season than Tucker. Which I clearly disagree with and I’ve outlined in the difference in number of kicks as well as the slightly higher kick% overall. Which the majority of the voters agree with my perspective on the subject. He didn’t do enough to knock Tucker off.

He made it close and in a tale of closeties, the tie goes to the guy who has been elite for the longer period of time. The end. You’re acting as if Lambo being deemed by voters as the SECOND BEST kicker this year that he’s somehow been snubbed. Which is my point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s fine and clearly some of the voters agreed with you.

But you said Lambo was BETTER this season than Tucker. Which I clearly disagree with and I’ve outlined in the difference in number of kicks as well as the slightly higher kick% overall. Which the majority of the voters agree with my perspective on the subject. He didn’t do enough to knock Tucker off.

He made it close and in a tale of closeties, the tie goes to the guy who has been elite for the longer period of time. The end. You’re acting as if Lambo being deemed by voters as the SECOND BEST kicker this year that he’s somehow been snubbed. Which is my point.

Agree to disagree on season overall. 

I never acted as if he was "snubbed", I do however think this year, he was the better kicker and should've been 1st team. All I stated when I came in here.

• Like 1

The Buckner selection is a bit meh. Buck is really good, but this hasn't been a great season in my opinion. If that spot was going to go to a 49er, that should have been Armstead, to be honest, who lines up both in and out. Buckner has been invisible for long stretches of time this year, and while his season has been fine, he hasn't been nearly as dominant as he was last year, for example. I Haven't watched him play and thought that he was one of the best interior linemen this year

• Like 1

Glad to see Demario Davis finally got the recognition he deserves. He has undoubtedly been one of our best players on defense the past 2 years. I remember a Falcons fan trying to tell me Deion Jones was significantly better than Demario Davis, I still laugh about it whenever I see the Falcons play.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, the Kuechly selection absolutely feels like a legacy selection. 

Yeaaaaa  Kuechly took a step back this year and Lavonte David should have been there instead of him :D

Also why is Deandre Hopkins first team?  It seems like there were more deserving WRs out there. They could have switched Chris Godwin and him :ph34r:  homering hard 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

To think someone on here tried arguing with me D.J Swearinger > Jamal Adams before the season. Happy to see him get the recognition as I can't imagine playing on the Jets is always enjoyable. The best safety in the league and a generational talent at the position (A healthy Derwin James is right there with him) 

Lol who did that? Adams is a HOF'er...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Also why is Deandre Hopkins first team?  It seems like there were more deserving WRs out there. They could have switched Chris Godwin and him :ph34r:  homering hard 

I think he is the worst first teamer. He doesn't have the efficiency or volume #s of about 8 guys in the league. Unless there are #s that show he is being double teamed at a rate much higher than those guys then I don't see it. He also had a lot of surprising drops by his standards this year. Seemed to be a touch of a down year.

• Like 1