Eric Kendricks named 1st team All-Pro

swede700

On 1/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I think we have differences on opinion on what a "highlight" play is.

Really? I feel like Harrison Smith is good for a hit stick during a pass break up at least once every other game. He can get you a one handed interception at least once a season lol, always finds a way.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:17 PM, Ozzy said:

The Bears to me would be a much more scary team if they did what the Vikings have done, run the ball more and become a more ball control offense.  If the Bears went back to that they would be far more successful I feel than the offense they have now which gets off the field quickly and does not help out the D, at least early in the season.

PS Watching the Bills playoff game, Tremaine Edmunds deserves to be 1st team all pro ahead of Eric Kendricks.  Great Kendricks got the nod but no way on earth is he better than Tremaine Edmunds this year or any year in the future.  Edmunds is a super star and if I remember correct was one of the youngest if not the youngest player in the NFL last season.

It wouldn't be surprising if they started doing that more next year.  They made a major draft investment in Trubisky, so I don't blame them for wanting to tailor the offense around him in hopes of his being the future on that side of the ball.  Now that it has become apparent that he isn't going to be able to do that, they would be wise to get back to "Bears football" and try to make the running game more their thing.

Minnesota Vikings: LB Eric Kendricks

Kendricks' coverage numbers in 2019 are absurd. The 90.0 coverage grade that ranked second at the linebacker position is one thing, but his forced incompletion numbers are another thing altogether. Kendricks forced 14 incompletions in 2019 — two more than the next closest linebacker (Luke Kuechly) and five more than the next closest competitors. He forced an incompletion on over 20% of his targets. Only five other players with 50 or more targets did that regardless of position, and they were all cornerbacks. That strong play in coverage, along with a run-defense grade north of 80.0, gave Kendricks an elite 90.4 overall grade for the 2019 season, well above the 64.6 grade that he earned in 2018.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-every-nfl-teams-most-improved-player-in-2019