Giving an early 2020 offseason a shot.

MikeT14

Cuts: Norman, Paul Richardson, Jordan Reed, Montae Nicholson, Ryan Anderson

Do not resign: McCoy, Bostic, Penn, Thompson, Davis, DRC, a bunch of others...

Trades: Kerrigan and our 3rd to the Jets for their 2nd and 4th rounder. Johnathan Allen and our 7th rounder to the Cardinals for their 2nd and 5th round selections. 

Cap space from moves: approx $85 million

Extend: Scherff (5 years), Bergstrom (1 year), Flowers (2 years), Keenum (1 year)

Prediction: Trent Williams returns to the team. Alex Smith is NOT cleared. 

Signings: Spencer Ware RB (1 year), Hunter Henry TE (3 years), Shaq Lawson DE (1 year), Wes Horton DE (1 year), Jamie Collins OLB (2 year deal), Mychal Kendricks OLB (2 year deal), James Bradberry CB (4 year deal), Damarious Randall (3 year deal)

Draft:
1 (2) - Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
2 (38) - Bryce Hall, CB, UVA
2 (40) - Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
4 (98) - Zach Baun, OLB, Wisconsin
4 (110) - Matt Bushman, TE, BYU
4 (112) comp pick - JR Reed, S, UGA
5 (130) - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
5 (135) - Raequon Williams, DT, Michigan State
7 (206) - Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming

Roster:

QB: Haskins, Keenum, 
RB: Guice, Peterson, Love, Ware
FB: Burton
WR: McLaurin, Johnson, Harmon, Sims Jr., Sims, Quinn
TE: HenryBushman, Sprinkle, Hentges
OT: Williams, Moses, Niang, Christian
OG: Flowers, Scherff, Bergstrom, Martin
OC: Piersbacher, Roullier

DE: Young, Sweat, Lawson, Horton
DT: Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, Williams
OLB: Jamie Collins, Mychal Kendricks, Baun, Cole Holcomb, Brailford
MLB: Foster, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Wilson
CB: Dunbar, Bradberry, Hall, Moreau, Moreland, Stroman
FS: Randall, Apke
SS: Collins, Reed, Everett

K: Hopkins
P: Way
LS: Sunberg

Edited by MikeT14

14 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Trading Kerrigan and Allen would be quite the move. Not only from a on-field production perspective, But those guys are leaders and true Redskins at a time where not many of those are around.

It'll be unpopular as hell, but I had to pick one. 

• Like 2

according to your trades we should have two 2nd round picks in this mock and i only see one selection.

I like the james bradberry signing

no sure why we would sign Lawson, Collins, and Kyndricks in one off season though. would rather sign corey littlejohn and roll with him, foster, sdh, and holcomb

I dont see what the reason in cutting ryan anderson is especially bc a 4-3 will help him since he wont be in coverage at end

and i also wouldnt extend scherrf 5 years unless the money is right. if hes top guard money in the nfl I tag and trade him

For those of you drafting Reed, are you planning to move him or Collins to linebacker?  Because they are both box safeties, and we need a free safety in the worst way.  

Not saying I don't like the player- I'm a Georgia fan so of course I like him- but unless you are having him change positions I don't see the fit.  

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Kerrigan and our 3rd to the Jets for their 2nd and 4th rounder. Johnathan Allen and our 7th rounder to the Cardinals for their 2nd and 5th round selections.

I’m only seeing one 2nd round pick showing up in your projected draft. I think it would improve things a great deal if you used both of the picks you acquired 😉

Beyond that, some interesting stuff. I probably wouldn’t do the Allen trade, but I like the Kerrigan deal. Henry is a great player if you can keep him on the field — sounds familiar, but maybe he’s worth a gamble if he’s a good bit cheaper than Hooper. I like the Bradberry move, I think Rivera will certainly push for some of his guys.

I also like Jamie Collins, but I would probably skip on Kendricks. I think Reuben Foster will play WLB in this defense, and Holcomb can play there too, so we’ll probably be looking more for a MLB than two starting OLBs. I’d kill to get Dylan Moses to go ahead and enter the draft and have either he or Murray slip to one of those 2nd round picks. I think Foster, Murray/Moses, and Collins would be a very good group, especially behind that DL. 

Most of all, I applaud you for all the thought and effort that went into your post. I know how difficult it is just to think something like that all the way through, let alone follow through with a detailed and thorough post. Excellent work and great thought-provoking read 👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m only seeing one 2nd round pick showing up in your projected draft. I think it would improve things a great deal if you used both of the picks you acquired 😉

Beyond that, some interesting stuff. I probably wouldn’t do the Allen trade, but I like the Kerrigan deal. Henry is a great player if you can keep him on the field — sounds familiar, but maybe he’s worth a gamble if he’s a good bit cheaper than Hooper. I like the Bradberry move, I think Rivera will certainly push for some of his guys.

I also like Jamie Collins, but I would probably skip on Kendricks. I think Reuben Foster will play WLB in this defense, and Holcomb can play there too, so we’ll probably be looking more for a MLB than two starting OLBs. I’d kill to get Dylan Moses to go ahead and enter the draft and have either he or Murray slip to one of those 2nd round picks. I think Foster, Murray/Moses, and Collins would be a very good group, especially behind that DL. 

Most of all, I applaud you for all the thought and effort that went into your post. I know how difficult it is just to think something like that all the way through, let alone follow through with a detailed and thorough post. Excellent work and great thought-provoking read 👏🏼👏🏼

Oof. I did miss that other one. Crapola. Let me sit on that. 

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't get it either.  If anything, Ionaidis is the odd-man out with Kerrigan.  Young, Sweat, Allen and Payne are the fronts that 4-3 coordinators dream about.  

If I could pick, I’d pick the Greek too I think, but for value and contracts it might make the most sense with Allen if it happened.