Giving an early 2020 offseason a shot.

MikeT14

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Does that even put him in the Top 10 or 15?

He had under 600 yards and ONLY 2 TD's last season plus is 34 I believe. I think 5-7 million is a fair offer. Also you have to take in consideration the Skins might be betting against themselves with Olsen. Other teams would HAVE to offer more for me to consider more. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

He had under 600 yards and ONLY 2 TD's last season plus is 34 I believe. I think 5-7 million is a fair offer. Also you have to take in consideration the Skins might be betting against themselves with Olsen. Other teams would HAVE to offer more for me to consider more. 

52 recs & 600 yards in 14 games is actually good for a TE especially considering his QB was an undrafted QB. Two TDs is poor for a TE but, that's indicative of two things IMO, again, QB play and playcalling. The Panthers force fed McCaffery inside the 10 yard line and bc of that it didn't get Olsen or the WRs many scoring opportunities.

McCaffery had 19 total TDs last year. 

He had 4 receiving TDs, meaning the TEs & Wrs only got thrown accurate passes for around 13 TDs as Allen only threw 17 TDs last year.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

52 recs & 600 yards in 14 games is actually good for a TE especially considering his QB was an undrafted QB. Two TDs is poor for a TE but, that's indicative of two things IMO, again, QB play and playcalling. The Panthers force fed McCaffery inside the 10 yard line and bc of that it didn't get Olsen or the WRs many scoring opportunities.

McCaffery had 19 total TDs last year. 

He had 4 receiving TDs, meaning the TEs & Wrs only got thrown accurate passes for around 13 TDs as Allen only threw 17 TDs last year.

I'm not willing to pay Olsen 8-9 million dollars. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not willing to pay Olsen 8-9 million dollars. 

It’s $1 to 2 million more over your fictional ceiling. That doesn’t make much sense to me especially when we could have $70 million in cap space if we cut Norman, PRich and Reed.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, turtle28 said:

It’s $1 to 2 million more over your fictional ceiling. That doesn’t make much sense to me especially when we could have $70 million in cap space if we cut Norman, PRich and Reed.

I'm looking to get Olsen for a Vernon Davis type deal if it's longer than a year contract. 

Vernon Davis signed a 3 year, $15,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $7,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,000,000.

55 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm looking to get Olsen for a Vernon Davis type deal if it's longer than a year contract. 

Vernon Davis signed a 3 year, $15,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $7,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,000,000.

Why sign a 34-year-old TE to that large of a deal? 

When we signed Davis to that deal he had already played a year here I think and earned a contract extension and he was 31 or 32. 

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why sign a 34-year-old TE to that large of a deal? 

When we signed Davis to that deal he had already played a year here I think and earned a contract extension and he was 31 or 32. 

Not the length the guaranteed amount is what I'm looking at. I believe Olsen would quickly sign a 1 year 5 MILLION dollar guaranteed deal. 

8 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Not the length the guaranteed amount is what I'm looking at. I believe Olsen would quickly sign a 1 year 5 MILLION dollar guaranteed deal. 

Well then it’s not the same deal maybe we get Olsen for only $5 mil but I have to expect playoff teams will offer him that much to play too and we won’t get him.

17 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm just not buying it like you are. He's visiting, what, 3 or 4 teams at least? He'll get some offers and get something solid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm just not buying it like you are. He's visiting, what, 3 or 4 teams at least? He'll get some offers and get something solid. 

Which is fine. If we don’t get him bc he wants a change at a Super Bowl, that’s fine. We all know we’re still rebuilding, I want Olsen on the right deal - max 2 years, $15 mil but I’d rather it be one year and under 7 but I’m realistic about this, he’s not signing some team friendly bs bc he doesn’t have to. He was scheduled to make $7 mil this year, that probably the starting point for him.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, MikeT14 said:

Cuts: Norman, Paul Richardson, Jordan Reed, Montae Nicholson, Ryan Anderson

Do not resign: McCoy, Bostic, Penn, Thompson, Davis, DRC, a bunch of others...

Trades: Kerrigan and our 3rd to the Jets for their 2nd and 4th rounder. Johnathan Allen and our 7th rounder to the Cardinals for their 2nd and 5th round selections. 

Cap space from moves: approx $85 million

Extend: Scherff (5 years), Bergstrom (1 year), Flowers (2 years), Keenum (1 year)

Prediction: Trent Williams returns to the team. Alex Smith is NOT cleared. 

Signings: Spencer Ware RB (1 year), Hunter Henry TE (3 years), Shaq Lawson DE (1 year), Wes Horton DE (1 year), Jamie Collins OLB (2 year deal), Mychal Kendricks OLB (2 year deal), James Bradberry CB (4 year deal), Damarious Randall (3 year deal)

Draft:
1 (2) - Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
2 (38) - Bryce Hall, CB, UVA
2 (40) - Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
4 (98) - Zach Baun, OLB, Wisconsin
4 (110) - Matt Bushman, TE, BYU
4 (112) comp pick - JR Reed, S, UGA
5 (130) - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
5 (135) - Raequon Williams, DT, Michigan State
7 (206) - Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming

Roster:

QB: Haskins, Keenum, 
RB: Guice, Peterson, Love, Ware
FB: Burton
WR: McLaurin, Johnson, Harmon, Sims Jr., Sims, Quinn
TE: HenryBushman, Sprinkle, Hentges
OT: Williams, Moses, Niang, Christian
OG: Flowers, Scherff, Bergstrom, Martin
OC: Piersbacher, Roullier

DE: Young, Sweat, Lawson, Horton
DT: Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, Williams
OLB: Jamie Collins, Mychal Kendricks, Baun, Cole Holcomb, Brailford
MLB: Foster, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Wilson
CB: Dunbar, Bradberry, Hall, Moreau, Moreland, Stroman
FS: Randall, Apke
SS: Collins, Reed, Everett

K: Hopkins
P: Way
LS: Sunberg

please don't trade Allen. We could have a generationally dominant  DL. We need to rebuild our OL, TE and DBs in that order. 

• Like 2