Rank the Edge Prospects

Mox

Don't worry I won't spam any more of these threads for a while. This one is interesting to me with all of the incredible edge prospects coming out recently. Top 5 picks only.

2020-Chase Young (projected)

2019-Nick Bosa

2019-Clelin Ferrell

2018-Bradley Chubb

2017-Myles Garrett

2017-Solomon Thomas

2016-Joey Bosa

2015-Dante Fowler Jr.

2014-Jadeveon Clowney

2014-Khalil Mack

1. Clowney
2. Myles Garrett 
3. Chase Young
4. Nick Bosa

5. Khalil Mack
6. Joey Bosa

7. Bradley Chubb
8. Solomon Thomas
9. Dante Fowler Jr.

10. Clelin Ferrell

I would have put Josh Allen right there between Mack and J. Bosa but he was picked 7th.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

1. Clowney
2. Myles Garrett 
3. Chase Young
4. Nick Bosa

5. Khalil Mack
6. Joey Bosa

7. Bradley Chubb
8. Solomon Thomas
9. Dante Fowler Jr.

10. Clelin Ferrell

I would have put Josh Allen right there between Mack and J. Bosa but he was picked 7th.

I wavered back and forth about excluding Ferrell because he was a reach and including Allen because a lot of people liked him. I figured sticking to the top 5 was easier.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:47 AM, Bullet Club said:

Don't worry I won't spam any more of these threads for a while. This one is interesting to me with all of the incredible edge prospects coming out recently. Top 5 picks only.

2019-Nick Bosa

2019-Clelin Ferrell

2018-Bradley Chubb

2017-Myles Garrett

2017-Solomon Thomas

2016-Joey Bosa

2015-Dante Fowler Jr.

2014-Jadeveon Clowney

2014-Khalil Mack

Trying to avoid hindsight.

1. Jadaveon Clowney

2. Myles Garrett

3. Chase Young

4. Joey Bosa

5. Nick Bosa

6. Khalil Mack

7. Bradley Chubb

8. Dante Fowler Jr.

9. Solomon Thomas

10. Clelin Ferrell

If you are only looking top 5 picks I would got like this.  Solomon Thomas I will include but honestly I thought he would be more of a 4/3 DT pass rusher and really wish he was that more consistently.

Julius Peppers
Chase Young
Jadaveon Clowney
Chris Long
Joey Bosa
Myles Garrett
Nick Bosa
Courtney Brown
Ezekiel Ansah
Bradley Chubb
Clelin Ferrell
Khalil Mack
Solomon Thomas
Dante Fowler Jr.

The run of production Chase Young had this year is flat out insane, especially what he did against Wisconsin and Penn State in back to back games.  Then the suspension and never was quite as productive after that it seemed.  Granted after that any team facing them rarely held the ball for more than 2-3 seconds passing.  The reason Peppers is above him is because he was more physical, stronger at the point of attack and a better athlete overall, ever see that kid ball on UNC he could hoop it up and is a wonderful athlete.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

If you are only looking top 5 picks I would got like this.  Solomon Thomas I will include but honestly I thought he would be more of a 4/3 DT pass rusher and really wish he was that more consistently.

Julius Peppers
Chase Young
Jadaveon Clowney
Chris Long
Joey Bosa
Myles Garrett
Nick Bosa
Courtney Brown
Ezekiel Ansah
Bradley Chubb
Clelin Ferrell
Khalil Mack
Solomon Thomas
Dante Fowler Jr.

The run of production Chase Young had this year is flat out insane, especially what he did against Wisconsin and Penn State in back to back games.  Then the suspension and never was quite as productive after that it seemed.  Granted after that any team facing them rarely held the ball for more than 2-3 seconds passing.  The reason Peppers is above him is because he was more physical, stronger at the point of attack and a better athlete overall, ever see that kid ball on UNC he could hoop it up and is a wonderful athlete.    

Von Miller?

48 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Von Miller?

I did forget him, he would be included probably behind Ezekiel Ansah.  Honestly because of his small size I never thought he would be quite as dominant as he has been but he can do a hell of a lot in a small frame of 6-3 250.  

On 1/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, Bullet Club said:

2019-Nick Bosa

2019-Clelin Ferrell

2018-Bradley Chubb

2017-Myles Garrett

2017-Solomon Thomas

2016-Joey Bosa

2015-Dante Fowler Jr.

2014-Jadeveon Clowney

2014-Khalil Mack

Clowney

J. Bosa

Young

Garrett

Mack

—————————————————————

Fowler

N. Bosa

Ferrell

Chubb

Thomas

The line separates the elite prospects from the good ones...at least in my eyes. 

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Clowney

J. Bosa

Young

Garrett

Mack

—————————————————————

Fowler

N. Bosa

Ferrell

Chubb

Thomas

The line separates the elite prospects from the good ones...at least in my eyes. 

You're only wrong on Nick. He's every bit as good as his brother and better than Clowney

1. Myles Garrett

2. Chase Young

3. Jadeveon Clowney

4. (Josh Allen)

5. Joey Bosa

6. Khalil Mack

7. Nick Bosa

8. Dante Fowler

9. Bradley Chubb

10. Clelin Ferrell

11. Solomon Thomas

I had Thomas in the same boat as Ozzy did. I thought he'd be mostly a designated pass rusher on the interior and saw zero edge ability besides as an average situational run stopper, and that was only because he had some quickness and lacked the strength to defend the run from the inside.

For what it's worth, I really liked all of these prospects except for Ferrell and Thomas. Ferrell I thought could be a solid late first-round pick, but definitely didn't seem to be top 5 material. 

Josh Allen was unreal as a prospect and I still don't understand why Nick Bosa has so much more hype than he does. I DID think Bosa was a top-3 prospect this year. But I still have gone for Josh Allen as my favorite prospect in both of the past drafts.

Myles Garrett was a perfect prospect in my book, and Chase Young is only just behind him.

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

1. Myles Garrett

2. Chase Young

3. Jadeveon Clowney

4. (Josh Allen)

5. Joey Bosa

6. Khalil Mack

7. Nick Bosa

8. Dante Fowler

9. Bradley Chubb

10. Clelin Ferrell

11. Solomon Thomas

I had Thomas in the same boat as Ozzy did. I thought he'd be mostly a designated pass rusher on the interior and saw zero edge ability besides as an average situational run stopper, and that was only because he had some quickness and lacked the strength to defend the run from the inside.

For what it's worth, I really liked all of these prospects except for Ferrell and Thomas. Ferrell I thought could be a solid late first-round pick, but definitely didn't seem to be top 5 material. 

Josh Allen was unreal as a prospect and I still don't understand why Nick Bosa has so much more hype than he does. I DID think Bosa was a top-3 prospect this year. But I still have gone for Josh Allen as my favorite prospect in both of the past drafts.

Myles Garrett was a perfect prospect in my book, and Chase Young is only just behind him.

Same we have been using Thomas on edge rotation and use him from inside sometimes. At this point i have no faith they will only use thomas inside full time. If and when Thomas gets moves or walks i can see him being a good interior Dline man for another team. 

• Like 1