Rank the Edge Prospects

Mox

1. Jadeveon Clowney He was touted as the next best of all time

2. Myles Garrett #1 prospect of his class and also had all time hype

3. Chase Young I expect him to have Garrett/Clowney Combine with his current hype will be in top 3 here

4. Nick Bosa injury and trump stuff made some people down on him but he was top prospect based on talent in his class. I think his prospect hype and talent was talked about when Joey Bosa came out of college stating Nick is even better.

5. Khalil Mack When i look back to when he was a prospect he wasnt the top D prospect in his class. Coming from a small school but had all the intangibles a edge player needed. ended up being the best player in his class. 

6. Joey Bosa I remember the hype other D players had over him from Ramsey to Buckner, the concern like his brother is his ceiling but he was so polished with his pass rush skill that he was still touted as a top 10 player.  

7.  Bradley Chubb his pass rushing skills at the time as a prospect where touted not as impressive as others but ended up having over 10 sacks rookie season. He reminded me of Solly thomas not a big guy but will be good vs run as a prospect.

8. Dante Fowler jr. thought he was extremely raw pass rusher who also wasnt very good vs the run.

9. Solomon Thomas really thought he was Aaron Donald type of a interior lineman. who was drafted to play edge. he was a touted as a top 10 talent. i think he shouldnt be playing edge unless its against the run.

10. Clelin Ferrell i have him as the worst because hes a top 25 player drafted in the top 5. hes just not the prospect like the others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Same we have been using Thomas on edge rotation and use him from inside sometimes. At this point i have no faith they will only use thomas inside full time. If and when Thomas gets moves or walks i can see him being a good interior Dline man for another team. 

He actually had a lot of traits in common with Aaron Donald. Doesn't have the unreal functional strength and anchor, but he has natural leverage to get penetration on the inside with his shorter height and can get skinny in a hurry. I thought he'd be a six to eight sack a year guy playing on the inside, but yeah, that whole situation is a bit disappointing. I suppose it's hard to get playing time on that defensive line, though, especially since you have what, like the sixth good DL on your team (assuming that Ronald Blair is still considered good)?