Week 2 GDT: Dallas Cowboys(1-0) @ Denver Broncos(1-0)

broncosfan07

Hate to say it, but I think we drop this game. Dallas' strengths just match up too well against our weaknesses, especially with all the injuries we have on our lines right now. Our best bet would be to jump out to a lead and force Dallas to abandon the run and play catchup. And I just haven't seen enough from this offense yet to believe we can do that. 

Think it will be close. Dallas will be hard to stop on offence especially with Elliott in the backfield. Hopefully we can keep our offence on the field, tire their defence and score regularly as they always have the potential to score points.

At least I'll be able to watch this one live. Chargers game was on at 3:20am on a Tuesday morning over here, so had no chance of that. Should be a good game. 

I think for us to win, we have to score at least 24+ points.   While I love what our no-fly zone can do, counting on limiting DAL to less than 20 pts with Zeke Elliott and that run game is just wishful thinking.   I'd love to be wrong, but I'd stick to my original projection for DAL to score 24 points.    

This will be a tough game, no doubt. But if you gave me the choice of a Game where I needed our D to step up vs one where I needed our O to step up? I feel much better relying on this D.

Bold Prediction: this D gives up less than 17 points (on drives that don't follow a turn over)

if our offense plays a clean game we win 

So, I'm not really buying the Dallas hype.

It's not like they destroyed a good team at home last weekend. They beat a marginal NYG team 19-3. Their running game wasn't that impressive,130 yds, 4.2 ypc.

If Dak has to try to win it IMO they'll come up short.

For Denver a replay of last weeks game plan should do nicely. Almost a page from Shanahans philosophy.

Heavy on the run game, lots of play action and long, time eating drives.

For Dallas to win they'll have to improve a lot on last weekends red zone production. One out of four won't do it.

Broncos 30, Dallas 13.

Of course I may be wrong.

On 9/15/2017 at 8:03 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

From the offensive side we need to run right at Lee. He is near Vons level in terms of running down the backside of running plays but is decidedly average when ran at. 

They are a speed based D and want to play cover 2. since they have so much speed they do a great job of disguising their looks pre-snap. This will limit Trevor's ability to make changes at the line. It will put a big onus on McCoy to create advantages schematically. I'd like to see a lot of unbalanced formations that force them to play man. Things like 30 Zebra (3 WR to  one side, 1 TE, 1RB) and 20 I (2 WR to one side, I formation) especially with JC or Henderson in who can run some wheel routes. Really anything that makes them commit pre-snap. 

You're right, we need to run right at them. That's a great way to negate speed and wear down a DL. 

I'd be surprised if we didn't.

Archived