Jump to content
broncosfan07

Week 2 GDT: Dallas Cowboys(1-0) @ Denver Broncos(1-0)

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So yea, this is all trolling, literally the definition of trolling, mke1010.  We talked about this a month or so ago, and now you're back at it.  You're being officially warned, and will be reported to Webmaster.  I will leave punishment in his hands.

 

Please review the forum rules again before you post.  

  • 3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.  

 

Webby already addresed it a couple of pages back you're good. Don't double jeopardy him lol.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

nKTzdxm.jpg

 

MFW the national media is still downplaying the broncos and spinning yesterdays game as a Cowboys collapse

This cannot come as a surprise to anyone. 

With NFL rating collapsing across the board for the second straight year, and no presidential election to blame it on this time, the media is desperate to portray the Cowboys as good as possible in helps of keeping interest in the league's most popular team as high as they can. Dak is a media favorite and for him to lose a game to a team QB'd by a vanilla personality like Trevor doesn't fit the narrative. Plus ESPN, who is the main perpretrator of this, has the Cowboys on MNF next week. 

When the Cowboys best hapless Arizona, who needed OT to beat the Luck-less Colts, next week the story will be that their loss to us was a fluke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

This cannot come as a surprise to anyone. 

With NFL rating collapsing across the board for the second straight year, and no presidential election to blame it on this time, the media is desperate to portray the Cowboys as good as possible in helps of keeping interest in the league's most popular team as high as they can. Dak is a media favorite and for him to lose a game to a team QB'd by a vanilla personality like Trevor doesn't fit the narrative. Plus ESPN, who is the main perpretrator of this, has the Cowboys on MNF next week. 

When the Cowboys best hapless Arizona, who needed OT to beat the Luck-less Colts, next week the story will be that their loss to us was a fluke. 

Such a money post I agree 100%. That's a bit why tony romo has been overatted throughout his career. The media loves the Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games Talib and Harris had deserve praise but for my money this was Roby's best game to date. He was the CB responsible for covering Dez most of the game, and he COMPLETELY shut him down. Dez didn't get an inch of separation on a single snap Roby covered him in man. It was a dominant performance.

Roby, Barrett and Gotsis' respective improvements have this defense playing at a 2015 level. Eliminate those short fields off turnovers and good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

The games Talib and Harris had deserve praise but for my money this was Roby's best game to date. He was the CB responsible for covering Dez most of the game, and he COMPLETELY shut him down. Dez didn't get an inch of separation on a single snap Roby covered him in man. It was a dominant performance.

Roby, Barrett and Gotsis' respective improvements have this defense playing at a 2015 level. Eliminate those short fields off turnovers and good luck. 

Agreed on Roby, he fought Dez in the end zone on that jump ball. He's a baller and gets a bit too handsy at times but he's a positive more than a negative.

Don't forget to add the versatility of Parks and having Simmons sure tackling (he'll get there in coverage). Also reinforcements in Ray will help too. I'm excited to see how well this defense performs the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Agreed on Roby, he fought Dez in the end zone on that jump ball. He's a baller and gets a bit too handsy at times but he's a positive more than a negative.

Don't forget to add the versatility of Parks and having Simmons sure tackling (he'll get there in coverage). Also reinforcements in Ray will help too. I'm excited to see how well this defense performs the rest of the way.

People under value roby its hard being the most targeted corner all the time and the guy makes more plays than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

This cannot come as a surprise to anyone. 

With NFL rating collapsing across the board for the second straight year, and no presidential election to blame it on this time, the media is desperate to portray the Cowboys as good as possible in helps of keeping interest in the league's most popular team as high as they can. Dak is a media favorite and for him to lose a game to a team QB'd by a vanilla personality like Trevor doesn't fit the narrative. Plus ESPN, who is the main perpretrator of this, has the Cowboys on MNF next week. 

When the Cowboys best hapless Arizona, who needed OT to beat the Luck-less Colts, next week the story will be that their loss to us was a fluke. 

How can you say Trevor's personality is vanilla.  It is about as dynamic as Bill Belicheck's and Greg Popovich's personalities.  BUT...I freaking love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

People under value roby its hard being the most targeted corner all the time and the guy makes more plays than not.

Roby always shows up big when he needs to.  I wonder if he has a bad case of playing to the level of the competition?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Roby always shows up big when he needs to.  I wonder if he has a bad case of playing to the level of the competition?  

That's very plausable there's a reason he was on dez a lot you know the ratio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

How can you say Trevor's personality is vanilla.  It is about as dynamic as Bill Belicheck's and Greg Popovich's personalities.  BUT...I freaking love it. 

I love Trev and his attitude hes like the little engine that could or the tortoise and the hare. He keeps chugging along doesn't sprint or jog just hes steady  and is always ready. Trev "steady Eddy " Siemian.

It's funny because I was watching the game with some people and they said can you imagine if Broncos had Brady or Brees even after 4 tds. He's Rodney Dangerfield.

I'm not saying they're wrong but at some point I want to relish on what I have and stop looking what we could have viewing Trevor as a liability any more. At this point he is not and that can change, but gosh give the man props.

Brady didn't carry New England his first 3 years big ben didnt carry his teams the first 3 years their teams played complimentary football. Yet they were viewed in a different light and it's annoying. Trevor could be a Derrick Anderson, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith or he can be a franchise qb the jury is out but at some point view him at how he is right now.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Trevor already takes more chances throwing the ball than Smith, shows better anticipation on his passes than Cousins and is just simply better than Anderson. I have always been on his bandwagon and so this recent play doesn't really surprise me. A bit better than expected, but he flashed considerably last season whenever he was given time in the pocket and is now able to use his legs more often since the pocket lasts longer (IE: He isn't athletic enough to scramble for a gain on a pocket that immediately collapses, but get a few seconds of protection and a few overpursing defensive guys and he can pick up some yards on the ground after a few reads).

Also, I think Rodney would be a great nickname for Trevor. He carved our a starting role as a redshirted R7 QB, quite the feat, and got no respect. He played quite well last season and got no respect. He was the incumbent starter and we tried to hand the job to the far inferior player in Paxton, showing little respect. Even after these two games people talk about the OL (Which is quite improved) and the internal combustion of our opponents more than Trevor, again showing little respect.

I may have to steal your line thebestever6. Trevor is certainly the Rodney Dangerfield of this leagues QB pool right now IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think Trevor already takes more chances throwing the ball than Smith, shows better anticipation on his passes than Cousins and is just simply better than Anderson. I have always been on his bandwagon and so this recent play doesn't really surprise me. A bit better than expected, but he flashed considerably last season whenever he was given time in the pocket and is now able to use his legs more often since the pocket lasts longer (IE: He isn't athletic enough to scramble for a gain on a pocket that immediately collapses, but get a few seconds of protection and a few overpursing defensive guys and he can pick up some yards on the ground after a few reads).

Also, I think Rodney would be a great nickname for Trevor. He carved our a starting role as a redshirted R7 QB, quite the feat, and got no respect. He played quite well last season and got no respect. He was the incumbent starter and we tried to hand the job to the far inferior player in Paxton, showing little respect. Even after these two games people talk about the OL (Which is quite improved) and the internal combustion of our opponents more than Trevor, again showing little respect.

I may have to steal your line thebestever6. Trevor is certainly the Rodney Dangerfield of this leagues QB pool right now IMHO.

I think he will get more bootlegs...that buys him some time and throws really well on the run...something that Aaron Rodgers does well...just sayen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×