Week 2 GDT: Dallas Cowboys(1-0) @ Denver Broncos(1-0)

broncosfan07

AAA went on and on about how terrible our draft and free agency was. Talked about hiring VJ instead of Shanahan was an admission of long term rebuild and   That this season was a lost cause. He did this ad infinitum. So now his words are proving to be crap (it's still very early I know that) why shd we be prevented for holding him accountable for his negative contributions on here?

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think the Bills game is going to be really tough for a few reasons, but hopefully the collective knowledge of Dennison's offense will be our ace up our sleeve. 

What are you talking about? Dennsion's offense is completely unpredictable. I bet they won't even run on 1st down 15% of the time.

Just now, broncosfan07 said:

They bet the Jets so yay!

They aren't a good team but it's an away game that's an early start which we really struggle with.

Yea that East coast early game never bodes well.  Also could see a let down after 2 big wins as they adjust to life without Bolles

2 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

They bet the Jets so yay!

They aren't a good team but it's an away game that's an early start which we really struggle with.

We're clearly the better team, but we'll also be pretty easy to figure out where our O weakness lies (outside pass rushers are going to lick their chops watching our game film).  Still, we should take it - just don't play it like a trap game.  But I'll save that for the Week 3 GD thread lol.

3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Apparently they are worried about Bolle's Achilles. Damn. Even a partial tear is a long rehab, 4-6 weeks 

I don't know how they can be sure the Achilles is not involved, if there was concern raised with clinical tests, but latest update.  In reality, we all just have to wait until the MRI is back tomorrow:

Bolles does not have an Achilles injury. Broncos doctors initially feared fracture near ankle. but X-rays negative. MRI coming. #9sports

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They run the ball well, have a QB who can improvise and some guys who can wreak havoc on the defensive line. They're a mediocre team at best but the matchup isn't ideal. Plus the early start and first road game. I anticipate a close, wild game.

The bills are a poor mans Cowboys. Built very similarly but less talent. The difference will be venue and time of day which should not be underestimated. At least we get at buffalo in September instead of December!

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't know how they can be sure the Achilles is not involved, if there was concern raised with clinical tests, but latest update.  In reality, we all just have to wait until the MRI is back tomorrow:

Bolles does not have an Achilles injury. Broncos doctors initially feared fracture near ankle. but X-rays negative. MRI coming. #9sports

That's good! In that case I go back to my initial evaluation.

16 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

That's good! In that case I go back to my initial evaluation.

HAS is the best case for sure.  But I don't know if they were concerned that the Achilles was involved, that they can now clear it.  A partial tear wouldn't necessarily be obvious.   The replay sucked, but the mechanism didn't really look like an Achilles, a HAS +/- fracture is the most likely...but again, it's curious they brought that up, if the clinical exam raised that risk, then a partial tear wouldn't be ruled out with the tests we have so far.

It's a good sign the plain films don't show an obvious fracture, but it doesn't eliminate the possibility of a smaller fracture (especially with a severe HAS).   Or even a partial tear if they were worried initially (unless it was just being thrown out there with no clinical signs).   Still, it's less likely there's an unstable ankle # that is season-ending for sure, hard to believe that's missed on plain x-rays.  But the reality is the MRI is the ultimate confirmation for the severity of the injury.   So we all just wait and see....and hold our breath.

Archived