Week 2 GDT: Dallas Cowboys(1-0) @ Denver Broncos(1-0)

broncosfan07

2 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Not gonna lie. I left zeke on the bench in my fantasy team. Had a good feeling about today. Sucky part none of my backs did me any favors. McCoy and MG3 had meh games.

Are you in a standard league?  In PPR MG3 still got 20+ pts.  McCoy was meh for sure, but CAR's D is legit.

1 hour ago, mke1010 said:

It is that serious. When folks write multiple paragraphs spewing nonsense and depressing other fans before a game is even played, they dnt deserve silence. They must be called out so next time they dominate convo with negativity they will know their words will be slapped across their face shd they be wrong.

under guise of preventing trolling, we allow some folks to spew rubbish with audacity simply to allow it buried in the past when their words prove to be a pile of human feaces. I told the mod in the spring I wld be back to address all this stuff in the fall and I am here. Cheers.

it wasn't nonsense after everytime AAA makes crazy statements he says he hopes he's wrong. I'm sure AAA is glad to he wrong to this point.

I appreciate his insight and boldness even though he can be wrong. I'll never criticize an opinion I'll disagree, but anyone strong enough to state a polarizing opinion I respect. Don't take it personal.

45 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Are you in a standard league?  In PPR MG3 still got 20+ pts.  McCoy was meh for sure, but CAR's D is legit.

Last time I checked he barely had any points but you're right he did make it up on the receiving end. Looking good for this week even though a few main players did alright.

7 hours ago, elliot878 said:

Cowherd's picks are a joke.  Dan Lebatard has celebrities on every week to pick 5 games just to see if on the season the celebs are better prognosticators than Cowherd, and most weeks they are lol.

Cowherd does have crazy picks I think its bc all of his picks are the most popular games.

But I don't like how he omits Trevor and the team. Heck even our home field is great. Looking at Dak todat gotta like Trevor as much what would dak be last year behind our oline having our run game.

7 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I think we can check the box for VJ and his staff also. This team has been very well prepared in all phases for both games.

I'm loving this staff so far. Let's see what they can do with our Tackle problems. I think Barbe has start at LT right? Barbe Garcia/McGovern Paradis Leary Watson would be my guess.

Yup, all three coordinators and VJ have done an excellent job.

Best team performanve since Green Bay in 2015, having everything clicking on all levels. Menelik is a sieve in pass protection and VJ's timeout before half was an unnecessary risk but...that's all I can really complain about. That was fun. 

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The bills are a poor mans Cowboys. Built very similarly but less talent. The difference will be venue and time of day which should not be underestimated. At least we get at buffalo in September instead of December!

This is spot-on. An East Coast trip for a morning game is always hard. Plus Dennison knows our personnel. 

Before the schedule came out I remember hoping we get Buffalo in September and Miami in December. 

4 hours ago, mke1010 said:

Well, he was so arrogantly wrong it stuck with me that I book marked his asinine remarks and promised to come back with a flash light in the future.

4 hours ago, mke1010 said:

we allow some folks to spew rubbish with audacity simply to allow it buried in the past when their words prove to be a pile of human feaces.

5 hours ago, mke1010 said:

This is not trolling but merely telling folks who know much less than professionals to keep their traps shut.

Consider this a final warning.  These kinds of posts are not allowed here.    Keep your comments to football or don't post.  

2 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Consider this a final warning.  These kinds of posts are not allowed here.    Keep your comments to football or don't post.  

About 10 days ago I made a comment that there was a lot of negativity on the forum - and suggested that it was the start of the season and we had every reason to be optimistic.

The response was a series of comments that this wasn't a rah-rah forum but one with serious analysis - the reality is that some of the 'analysis' is mired in prejudice and flat-out wrong.

The Broncos are clearly a work in progress - but so far they have been far better than even I expected. The OL is a problem - but the reality is that OL is a problem for nearly every team in the NFL. The much vaunted Dallas OL was not up to a lot last night. This Broncos team is a clear step up from last season - nobody was talking about Elway cutting TJ Ward last night - and will likely get better. How far the team can go depends on how good the Raiders and the Chiefs are - but, the way things look at the moment, there is a distinct possibility that the SB winner could come out of the AFC West.

3 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

About 10 days ago I made a comment that there was a lot of negativity on the forum - and suggested that it was the start of the season and we had every reason to be optimistic.

The response was a series of comments that this wasn't a rah-rah forum but one with serious analysis - the reality is that some of the 'analysis' is mired in prejudice and flat-out wrong.

The Broncos are clearly a work in progress - but so far they have been far better than even I expected. The OL is a problem - but the reality is that OL is a problem for nearly every team in the NFL. The much vaunted Dallas OL was not up to a lot last night. This Broncos team is a clear step up from last season - nobody was talking about Elway cutting TJ Ward last night - and will likely get better. How far the team can go depends on how good the Raiders and the Chiefs are - but, the way things look at the moment, there is a distinct possibility that the SB winner could come out of the AFC West.

There's a constructive way to post about disagreement though.   You posted very constructively on your perspective at the time.   I think we all understand that difference.   Well most anyways.  

If we all agreed we wouldn't learn anything.   Disagreement is how we learn from each other.  No one is going to get it right all the time.  It's tough to be the dissenting voice in the crowd - and that cuts both ways, not just whether it's being too positive or too negative.

But it's also key on a message board to respect the other perspective and be willing to hear an alternate point of view even if you don't agree with it.  There's a huge difference there with last night's derail.    We are never going to all agree.   But it's not about being right and the other guy being wrong, it's the points made that we should take home.   As long as you can make points that back up the opinion then everyone should have a voice in the discussion.   And yes, all opinions should be accountable - but take on the points, not the people.  That way we all learn from each other rather than derail the whole convo like last night.

I defended the TJ Ward release primarily for for roster crunch (Carter) reasons, but also for cap relief and what Simmons can already do.   And it was very much a minority opinion.  So far it looks correct - but it's also only been 2 games.   And the criticism on the timing was entirely fair.  More importantly it's less about who's right and wrong and what we can learn from that discussion.   I've been wrong before, and as @thebestever6  pointed out, even when criticism occurs, those who criticize (or those in the minority opinion) would be happy to be wrong in their take - but the fact they're making that take, well, it shouldn't ever be dismissed or shouted down.   We disagree with each other all the time, and for the most part, we all get that's part of board life.   It's not about who is right, the point is we learn more from the discussion.  Telling others to not speak or keep their trap shut goes against the point of a message board.    It's frankly pretty un-American.   

Anyways it's Webby's call - their Forum their rules.  But I also get the point about making only about football points.  Moving on...

I'm not willing to say Denver had a stellar offseason yet. I'll admit, I was skeptical of the Vance hire because I really liked Dave Toub (not Kyle Shanahan), but I also understood they were looking for more of a motivator and leader at HC and less of a tactician. I'm happy to be wrong, if in fact, it's proven that Joseph was the right choice. Two games in is easy to draw conclusions that may not be accurate. We went 4-0 to start last season and missed the playoffs. Things change quickly.

I will say, based on Bolles 1.5 games of play, he looks much better than I thought he would be. I would be happy to eat crow on the pick. The remaining draft picks have literally proven nothing, Walker has been silent, Henderson hurt, Butt on PUP. McKenzie has had a nice return or two. I'm not even close to eating crow on that pick until he performs. I'm thrilled at how the Broncos are playing, but I'm not sure I'm ready to admit that this offseason and draft weren't ideal. Particularly given how poorly we've drafted in the past.

Anyway, on to Buffalo. Hate the early games, but honestly, I can't really see Buffalo beating us. I like Tyrod, he is better than he's given credit for, but their receiving corps is empty, and if we stack the box against McCoy it should be a long day for them.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

I'm not willing to say Denver had a stellar offseason yet. I'll admit, I was skeptical of the Vance hire because I really liked Dave Toub (not Kyle Shanahan), but I also understood they were looking for more of a motivator and leader at HC and less of a tactician. I'm happy to be wrong, if in fact, it's proven that Joseph was the right choice. Two games in is easy to draw conclusions that may not be accurate. We went 4-0 to start last season and missed the playoffs. Things change quickly.

McDaniels won his first six games in charge - and galloped down the sideline like a jackrabbit when we beat the Pats.

I didn't like the Joseph hire, wanted Toub and would have preferred Shanahan, and the jury is very much out on Joseph. What I do like is the supporting cast - we have some really good assistant coaches and they will carry the team a long way.

There will be no repeat of the McDisaster - Elway will make sure of that. 

Last year the team never generated any real momentum, even when starting 4-0. Injuries to key players, Kubiak's health and an anemic offence all hindered the team. This team is a different kettle of fish - there is a significant step up on both offence and defence and the team will improve rather than fall off a cliff (as long as injuries to key players can be avoided). 

Archived