Post Rivera Mock Offseason

LoganF89

21 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I want a rebuild with this new coaching staff.

The only vet, I would consider keeping is Ryan Kerrigan. A true Redskins warrior. Not a piss test away from being suspended. Not an off the field incident waiting to happen. A true Redskins leader.

That means I want Trent Williams traded, even if it puts a hole at LT.

I want Paul Richardson traded...

I want Josh Norman traded...

I want Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis traded.

I want Monte Nicholson Traded

I want as many old regime vets traded for draft picks, so we can use these draft resources to build this team.

I know we probably won't cut or trade all of them & that's ok too.

But I'm ready to start fresh with our young group & try to build a dynasty.

Because we're due.

I also still want Chase Young at #1, if we can trade up for him. (Using players & not picks to move up)

Of course, hopefully he'll be there at #2 but I doubt it.

Paul Richardson is not tradable, you can’t trade that albatross of a contract. If teams want him, they'll wait until he's released and then sign him to a vet min deal or a one year prove it deal which at most would be $4 million, like we gave to Flowers last year.

Norman’s contract is also not tradeable. He was benched last year and two years ago for poor play. He cost $15 million. If Rivera doesn't want Norman - which I think he may want to keep him but on a restructured contract - then, we will cut Norman. I don't anyone trading for him based on poor play and an inflated contract.

Jordan Reed is coming off a season where he didn't play bc of his 6th reported - probably more - concussion in his career. Like Norman, he makes too much month for what he offers. The Redskins aren't going to be able to trade his contact or him bc of his concussion.

Vernon Davis is an unrestricted free agent. You can't trade a player who you don't have under contract.

Montae Nicholson is young and he has some talent and potential, but no one will trade for him given his inconsistent play. On top of that he just took a girlfriend to the hospital who was at his house and died from a drug overdose.

How is the world is that dude tradeable?

I think it's safe to say if Nicholson wasn't on the Redskins roster right now that he’d be unemployed and looking for work in the XFL.

Trading players to move up to get Chase Young is not going to work. What would Cincinnati want from us - and us willing to give up to get him?

What are we going to do? Trade our 3 best players on our team to move up one spot and take Chase Young at #1. 

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I think it's BPA with the first but gets a little grey after that. I think it should be grayer as you get deeper in the draft. I know BPA was a SM philosophy and I liked SM. So I won't dig in on that.

I was open to trading Trent before the Bruce fiasco. If we moved to to Browns for their 1st, we'd have 2 top 10 picks. I know that ship has sailed. I don't know if Rivera is trying to salvage things with Trent. I think he's more so trying to see where Trent stands. But even if Trent says he's open to coming back, I think too much damage has been done sadly. It's like (obvious differences of course) a battered wife returning to her home, even with the husband gone. It's the scene of the crime.

I think later int he draft that BPA becomes even more important. In the first two rounds after the first 5 picks - maybe 10 - all the talent is just about equal, so I can see in the early rounds wanting to take the BPA in the position you need.

Late in the draft the best player available should be more apparent especially if players have fallen in the draft so, you should make BPA there unless we are completely stacked at a position and have major holes in other places and the talent is there to fill that other position too.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Paul Richardson is not tradable, you can’t trade that albatross of a contract. If teams want him, they'll wait until he's released and then sign him to a vet min deal or a one year prove it deal which at most would be $4 million, like we gave to Flowers last year.

Norman’s contract is also not tradeable. He was benched last year and two years ago for poor play. He cost $15 million. If Rivera doesn't want Norman - which I think he may want to keep him but on a restructured contract - then, we will cut Norman. I don't anyone trading for him based on poor play and an inflated contract.

Jordan Reed is coming off a season where he didn't play bc of his 6th reported - probably more - concussion in his career. Like Norman, he makes too much month for what he offers. The Redskins aren't going to be able to trade his contact or him bc of his concussion.

Vernon Davis is an unrestricted free agent. You can't trade a player who you don't have under contract.

Montae Nicholson is young and he has some talent and potential, but no one will trade for him given his inconsistent play. On top of that he just took a girlfriend to the hospital who was at his house and died from a drug overdose.

How is the world is that dude tradeable?

I think it's safe to say if Nicholson wasn't on the Redskins roster right now that he’d be unemployed and looking for work in the XFL.

Trading players to move up to get Chase Young is not going to work. What would Cincinnati want from us - and us willing to give up to get him?

What are we going to do? Trade our 3 best players on our team to move up one spot and take Chase Young at #1. 

It would be easy, turtle.

Trade #2 overall & LT Trent Williams

For Cinci #1 overall + 2nd or 3rd rounder

Bengals get Burrow @2, Trent Williams @LT & rookie Jonah Williams moves to RT.

Redskins get Chase Young @#1

Trent's contract off the books

And a day 2 pick. (2nd or 3rd round pick)

Easy

48 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

It would be easy, turtle.

Trade #2 overall & LT Trent Williams

For Cinci #1 overall + 2nd or 3rd rounder

Bengals get Burrow @2, Trent Williams @LT & rookie Jonah Williams moves to RT.

Redskins get Chase Young @#1

Trent's contract off the books

And a day 2 pick. (2nd or 3rd round pick)

Easy

I don't see anyway it happens, it's unprecedented that something like this would happen. If for some crazy reason Cincy takes Young then, we can trade the #2 pick to the highest bidder and get multiple first round picks and other picks instead of taking Burrow. 

On top of that, Cincinnati is going to take Burrow, they drafted Jonah Williams last year to be their LT of the future, they'll draft their QB of the future in this draft.

Also, it makes much more sense for us to get Trent back and draft Chase Young which almost 100% what will happen this spring. That’s essentially getting two top 5 picks back on your football team for next year.

Just let me know when any of your pipe dreams happen, bc truthfully I see none of it happening.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I want a rebuild with this new coaching staff.

The only vet, I would consider keeping is Ryan Kerrigan. A true Redskins warrior. Not a piss test away from being suspended. Not an off the field incident waiting to happen. A true Redskins leader.

That means I want Trent Williams traded, even if it puts a hole at LT.

I want Paul Richardson traded...

I want Josh Norman traded...

I want Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis traded.

I want Monte Nicholson Traded

I want as many old regime vets traded for draft picks, so we can use these draft resources to build this team.

I know we probably won't cut or trade all of them & that's ok too.

But I'm ready to start fresh with our young group & try to build a dynasty.

Because we're due.

I also still want Chase Young at #1, if we can trade up for him. (Using players & not picks to move up)

Of course, hopefully he'll be there at #2 but I doubt it.

Vernon Davis is a free agent, so he's gone regardless.

I doubt any team trades for Reed due to his injury history. Likewise, I doubt any team trades for Norman due to his play or Richardson due to his contract/return on investment. More likely, all three are just straight cuts. However, if you can get anything for either one, even conditional sevenths, go for it. Just don't expect it.

Williams is the one who would likely get the most, but how much is up in the air.

Nicholson might get you a mid-to-late round pick. It would help if the investigation came up with some sort of resolution.

Still, that's a major change of the guard.