49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

20 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Not that suprising considering Armstead is a much much better run defender than Bosa who can play too aggresive/out of control against the run at times.

Hard for me to take any of these statistics seriously knowing the changes/injuries that occurred to the defense throughout the season. Tartt, DJ Jones, Kwon Alexander, Ford, Blair all missed time and skewed these measures. I couldnt put fault of any one statistic like this on Bosa. 

What are your fellas thoughts on the role Earl Mitchell will have. How many snaps do we expect? what situations will he be on and off the field for? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nayad said:

Hard for me to take any of these statistics seriously knowing the changes/injuries that occurred to the defense throughout the season. Tartt, DJ Jones, Kwon Alexander, Ford, Blair all missed time and skewed these measures. I couldnt put fault of any one statistic like this on Bosa. 

What are your fellas thoughts on the role Earl Mitchell will have. How many snaps do we expect? what situations will he be on and off the field for? 

Oh i am not blaming Bosa for all this at all. May seem like it from my post but when i look at Armstead and Bosa and how they are against the run it doesn't suprise me teams have more succes runing to Bosa's side over Armstead's. Besides that if my memory serves me right Al-Shaair is usually on that side as well which also adds something. 

Thing is though that Bosa's style of play can be overaggresive and teams can take advantage of it which is something the defense has to account for because its also the reason he is so dangerous as a pass rusher.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Jimmy was short a couple yards of 4000, but he could of easily had more. The 4 blowouts

( Panthers,Bengals,Browns,Packers)

Next year I’m expecting 4500 from him

Pretty believable for him to get that too. Considering the Washington game was a monsoon and there were quite a few games where we just ran the ball non-stop..4k should be totally attainable. 

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Oh i am not blaming Bosa for all this at all. May seem like it from my post but when i look at Armstead and Bosa and how they are against the run it doesn't suprise me teams have more succes runing to Bosa's side over Armstead's. Besides that if my memory serves me right Al-Shaair is usually on that side as well which also adds something. 

Thing is though that Bosa's style of play can be overaggresive and teams can take advantage of it which is something the defense has to account for because its also the reason he is so dangerous as a pass rusher.

It's definitely a matter of his aggressiveness. When Bosa stays home and reads the play, he's borderline elite against the run. Whereas Armstead is one of the best run defenders in the league, period. We're suspectible to the run, but we've known that was going to be the case since we instituted the wide 9. We don't care about stopping the run, we care about stopping the pass and making teams 1 dimensional. When we have been healthy, we've been able to do that to teams on a consistent basis. .