49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Well, when folks are paid by this team to be right, that's when it should matter. Until then, being wrong about a great many things is every FootballsFuture poster's unwavering right.. and they exercise it with great emotion. :P 

When it comes to the draft people (especially me) exercise that right pretty regularly, and I enjoy seeing the diamonds people predict out of nowhere as much as I enjoy seeing the diamonds people doubted. 

I will say It's pretty nice when they're on our team and despite people getting salty that they were wrong we can all still root for them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

And I also think it speaks to his value that a 5th round rookie could come in replace Kwon with little drop off in quality of play. Greenlaw is not Kwon in terms of experience and recognition. Probably not as fast either but its hard not ot envision him being up there as one of the better WILL's in the league in a few years. So that means his production could be replaced as early as next year for a fraction of the cost, if Lynch and Co. felt as though that needed happen

excellent point. The outs we have in kwon's contract mean we could move on right when its time to pay greenlaw. smart move by lynch and company

18 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Well, when folks are paid by this team to be right, that's when it should matter. Until then, being wrong about a great many things is every FootballsFuture poster's unwavering right.. and they exercise it with great emotion. :P 

I don't even remember exactly where I stood on these two, and I don't go back thru old threads to opinion-shame self or others. :P 

My guess is that I liked the Kwon addition but did feel it was an overpay.. one that I could probably live with after seeing contract details.

My guess is that I was so butthurt after the Hurd selection that I was fairly indifferent of the Greenlaw pick.. but that it wasn't a pick that I loved or detested. 

Now good day sir! winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yes, that selection really threw me. However, I began to see what they saw in  Hurd in that preseason game he got hurt. 2 TDs and the only TDs of that entire game. O.o

So, while it may be nice to grab Lamb or Claypool in the draft, I doubt they do. We have some up and coming talent waiting for next year already.

Edited by Chrissooner49er

http://nflsavant.com/game.php?team_code=SF&team_id=4500&stype=REG&year=2019 

amazing stat website courtesy of @Shanedorf 

Interesting breakdown of our passing game. Everyone talks about the middle of the field but we actually passed to the right and left more times individually than we did to the middle. Obviously we threw a lot of quick bubble screen passes this year which help those numbers. 

Throw away those directional breakdowns for our rushing attack. Our blocking scheme is kinda option based and runners have to find the crease based on where the defense goes, so its not always ran to the exact spot that kyle meant it to when he calls it. Thats the beauty of it, players are adjusting in unison on the fly based on the defense. 

Its actually absurd how balanced we were this year. 436 runs vs 453 passes. I feel like that was almost done on purpose. Kyle knows how to call plays without notable tendencies. Tony Romo remarked once during a patriots game that Bill was running a play late in the game to throw the stat guys off. He was doing something out of a certain formation or package that was different than what he had been doing all game. That way, the data people would look at it and say that he did something specific X percentage of the time, when really that was not the case as he had almost exclusively done the opposite. Romo really opened my eyes with that comment, makes perfect sense and its how the best coaches need to be thinking in this era of analytics. 

Kyle has been killing it

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2020/film-room-san-francisco-linebackers

Edited by N4L

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Does anyone know how loud it was at Levi's during the nfccg? Can't find it 

Last week, after the divisional game, Chris Simms said Levi's was even louder than Arrowhead. He put Levi's behind only Seattle and the RCA Dome, in terms of crowd noise. I assume it was even louder in the NFCCG.