49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

I'm LOVING this thread. Absolutely loving everyone sharing these statistics. My biggest question after reading these is it sustainable year over year? It seems like, outside of the Patriots, Super Bowl contending teams are a crapshoot and not consistent. I think we can sustain a high level of production year-to-year and compete for the playoffs for the next several years. But, can this team consistently make deep runs in the playoffs and make it back to the Super Bowl in the next year or two? It feels like with how balanced this team is, the answer should be probably. 

The thing that I love most about this team is that the intellectual property and blueprint of this team rest in the head coach's mind, not an OC. This means that success should be replicable regardless of who the assistant coaches are. That's how championship organizations are built. The Harbaugh Niners were built off of Roman's skill of designing and calling plays, not Harbaugh. If Roman left, Harbaugh's offense would change. I really feel like we're set up for sustainable success more than what we've experienced during the Harbaugh years.

• Like 2

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I'm LOVING this thread. Absolutely loving everyone sharing these statistics. My biggest question after reading these is it sustainable year over year? It seems like, outside of the Patriots, Super Bowl contending teams are a crapshoot and not consistent. I think we can sustain a high level of production year-to-year and compete for the playoffs for the next several years. But, can this team consistently make deep runs in the playoffs and make it back to the Super Bowl in the next year or two? It feels like with how balanced this team is, the answer should be probably. 

The thing that I love most about this team is that the intellectual property and blueprint of this team rest in the head coach's mind, not an OC. This means that success should be replicable regardless of who the assistant coaches are. That's how championship organizations are built. The Harbaugh Niners were built off of Roman's skill of designing and calling plays, not Harbaugh. If Roman left, Harbaugh's offense would change. I really feel like we're set up for sustainable success more than what we've experienced during the Harbaugh years.

Depends on health like always but if Jimmy continues to progress. The myth about needing an elite QB to win a SB is wrong. But the elite QBs are usually the ones that are contending for a long stretch. That is not a myth. You see more variances on just mediocre or slightly above  average QBs when it comes to team success. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I went game by game and looked at the scores, Kyle's offenses didn't score a ton of points in those games and they were all like 10 years ago. 

Glad to have some additional context though. Seems like he averaged 300 pypg and 125 rypg. Solid  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I've given Ward and Tartt a hard time over the yrs. Rightfully as they couldn't be counted on with all the injuries. As they have finally put together a healthy season and great play most of the season. I'm happy to see them shine. Hopefully they play great as a duo as they have all yr and help our defense/team go in the record books.